All reviews capsule experience capsule hotel your luggage reception area men and women hot tub interesting experience metro station shower room large bathroom charge your phone shopping mall slept really well main bathroom turn right huge shopping light sleeper
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel to try out the capsule room for couples. When we got the capsule, it was extremely hot. When I asked the staff about the air in the pod they told me it did not work. I asked them what the nozzle in the pod was for and they told me air. I continued to tell them that there was no air coming out of it. We continued to talk in circles until she made it clear that there was no airflow at all. It was way too hot to try to stay in that pod without any airflow. The booking stated AC but there was not any at all. Be warned.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank BackPacker251363
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I booked this on the basis I wanted to try the pod/capsule Japanese style hotel. Check in is simple and you just leave your main luggage in the main reception, which doesn’t look that safe, but the reception is manned 24 hrs. You have a locker key to put valuables. You are given pyjamas and towels every day. The capsule I found small (of course that’s the point!) but it was very comfortable and you can charge your phone/ there’s a good light etc.
However: things I did find annoying.
There is a large and a small bathroom. He large bathroom has 6 showers (in a big open group) and the sauna / jacuzzi, plus all the toiletries you need including hair brush, hair products, face wash, toothbrush and toothpaste etc. Plus washer/dryer. But this bathroom is only available for women to use between 4am-10am. Men are then allowed to use from I think...3.30-3am. So in the day, you can’t use either bathroom so I found planning my day a bit annoying. They were always clean and tidy though.
WiFi- you can only have on the second floor, so no WiFi in bed which was also annoying for planning your day!
I also found it strange that on my floor (4th) one of the nights I was there must have been 24/32 capsules but only 8 people or so staying, so don’t put us close together?! Spread everyone out!
Having said that, apart from my jet lag, I slept really well.
I would recommend for the experience but it is overpriced for what it is and be hotel is very much in need of redecoration!
Other pluses: it’s 2/3 min walk from Kiba Station. 1 min walk away is a small plaza with shops and restaurants. There’s loads of stuff near by.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ashyberries10
Reviewed January 31, 2018

Nice hotel if you're wanting to try a capsule experience. The couples capsule might be a little small for some couples, but overall I thought it was ok.

The hot tub is really nice. However, it's not open all the time.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom W
Reviewed November 29, 2017

We stayed here so that we could experience a capsule hotel. It was just an overnighter but we were surprised by the cleanliness and the quietness. Walking distance from Kiba station and across the road from a shopping centre with Mcdonald's and Starbucks and also a cple of japanese chain restaurants. Not much else around but didn't venture too far though as this was our last night in Tokyo following 7 nights in Shinjuku.. Staff were great. Not much english but very polite and helpful. I agree with Mike B that it could do with a freshen up but this did not change our experience.

Room tip: We stayed in a double capsule and there was plenty of room .
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank binky78c
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

The positives outweighed the negatives but.....
Positives first;
It's a great capsule experience for couples
It is very clean
The staff were pleasant and helpful
There are many places to eat and drink nearby - plus a food court is 100m away with many different restaurants
A large supermarket is also very close

Negatives;
People staying in the couples capsule area can be inconsiderate and noisy. This is not the hotels fault but you have to be prepared for this...
Although everything is kept very clean, the hotel is 'tired' in it's communal areas and needs some updating/refreshing

Our recommendation would be to stay one or two nights as the experience is not to be missed when travelling to Tokyo.

Date of stay: October 2017