“Great location close to Haneda airport”

Keikyu EX Inn Shinagawa Ekimae
Ranked #24 of 108 Hotels / Ryokan in Minato
Singapore
“Great location close to Haneda airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights earlier in the month. We took a 3 person room which though not exactly spacious was more than adequate. The bathroom was one of the more spacious ones I've seen during my hotel stays in Japan, and the view from our room was pretty neat as well.

Though I see some other reviewers giving negative reviews about the service, I found the receptionists to be helpful (though businesslike), giving me directions, offering to book us a cab etc. The refundable lockers at the ground floor allowed us to store our luggage between checkout at 10am and when we eventually left the hotel at 5pm.

Having said all that, the biggest selling point for this hotel has to be its location right next to the Shinagawa train station. It took us under an hour to get to the hotel from the Haneda airport, and we managed to get a pretty good online deal for our room as well, making the stay a whole lot sweeter.

Room Tip: Our room facing the train station came with a pretty neat view, but with the curtains drawn the sun...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank arbasith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Viersen, Deutschland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Good price/performance. Breakfast costs Y1000 extra (about 10 Euros) and the buffet is OK, but mostly Asian, few "Western" foods. Great view from breakfast room (garden / waterfalls).
Rooms OK size for Tokyo with great view of Shinagawa. Not the most modern rooms. There is an iron and ironing board (a joke of a little thing) if you go downstairs and get it (and you have to bring it back, no maid will do it for you). Great restaurant at the top with fantastic view.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Convenient location but please take note that this hotel do not porter service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Bogor, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

Checking in today, October 14 - 2011 around 5 PM, the beautiful front office lady is very2 helpful on checking all of us in. I was in Tokyo as a participants of the Asia Pacific Regional Meeting in Hamamatsu & Tokyo for several days, four days in Hamamatsu & here at Tokyo on my fifth day.

When I entered the room, the room is spacious, but it's a little bit to dark, the furniture, the lighting & radio console and the closet and air conditioner system need to be replaced ASAP.

My main problem is with the room air conditioning system. When I came inside, this smoking room ( I do smoke & request this room) smell like a tobacco warehouse, the window is sealed and the air conditioner is NOT working.

I complain to the Duty Manager, he advice me to switch off the ceiling heater system in order to make my room a little bit colder..I did it as he recomend me to do. And I went out to Shinjuku for three hour. When I came back at 8 PM to my room, the room still not comfortable, I feel very2 uncomfortable to breathe, since the air conditioner still NOT working.

I ask the duty manager how could it be? he told me that it is the decision from the top management that starting from October until January, the air conditioner is permanently switched off...since Japan is in a winter season.

FYI, I was born, raise & live in Indonesia for my whole life...but I never feel this uncomfortable due to the NO Air Conditioner policy made by this "great" hotel management in any other parts of the world.

The Duty Managar indeed come to me with a "brilliant" solution. Instead of providing my room with an air conditioner as I've requested and as mentioned on their advertisement and as usual as any other hotel, beneath this universe.. he came to me with an electric fan...plug the power cord near the Flat TV desk and ask me to use it.

Can you imagine that???? a room with 10.100 Yen/night, and this is all I got as their customer??? Bravo..... I'm speechless now.

I came to Japan once every two or three months, and whenever I've to stop by at Tokyo...I'd never ever-ever....ever stay in this pathetic hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Ferry A
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Arrived from overseas they charged me 6000 yen to check in at 1 pm as they have a 3 pm check in this is silly. No English tv not even CNN. Check out is 3 pm once again got screwed for a noon checkout as I had early afternoon flight . Wanted a extra pillow as they only supply one and only one towel. Made me go to desk to pick it up. They terrible not friendly service. Do yourself a favor and stay across the street at the prince hotel. This one is a dated poor service money trap!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Acruss
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stay for 3 nights for business.

The Keikyu EX Inn is just opposite Shinagawa station, so it is the most convenient place after landing late night at Haneda Airport. The room is clean and comfortable with quite big size compare with Tokyo standard. Free Internet is +++.

Overall, I have pleasant stay here and will come back if travelling to/from Haneda Airport.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Kengkla
Viborg, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

This hotel is conveniently located opposite Shinagawa station. I was leaving on the Shinkansen for Kyoto in the morning so this hotel was perfect. The rooms are basic but reasonably comfortable. However the mattress is too firm for my liking. I think this is the norm in Japan.
The hotel is not clearly signposted. It is part of a building called Shinagawa Goos. This is confusing and I would suggest improvement here.

Stayed October 2011, travelled solo