All reviews guest suites tac expats gyms facilities taxi tokyo luxury yen station
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately for me, I tried this phenomenal seafood platter on the last day of the season at Tokyo American Club’s American Bar & Grill. It was out of this world, combining steamed Maine Lobster, crab and shrimp with a variety of sashimi. My only regret is not trying this dish earlier in the year. Will definitely look forward to reacquainting myself with it when it comes back on the menu this Fall!

#糖質 #糖質制限 #ローカーボ
#ケトーシス #ロカボ #ケトン #ケトン体 #keto #ketosis #ketogenic #lobster #mainelobster #tokyoamericanclub #tac @chefgraytokyo @ryanaynz @distantdystopia @donnykimball #seafoodies #seafood @seafoodies

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure to visit recently. The Club was not quite what I expected. It was very clean, but then japan is very clean. There were nice work out areas, but then many (esp American style) Japan hotels have nice workout areas, including full basketball gyms. TAC has an American style pub/grill, and 2 other Asian style grill, along with the chop House. The restaurant service we had here was average far below typical Japanese service.

We stayed at the Westin Tokyo. Marriott biwako, and sheraton Tokyo Bay, TAC is very secure, but then japan is a relatively safe place. I did not quite see the reason for the high cost of TAC. That is until we realized that it is located next to the Embassy. TAC is probably the perfect place for the Diplomats and their families; and business professionals and their families. Otherwise, I recommend to just enjoy Tokyo for the Japanese experience you came for, and wait until you get home for the pub.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank activeB
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We are members of the Los Angeles Athletic Club and can use the club when visiting Tokyo. From the moment we checked in until our departure, service was phenomenal. Everyone on their staff was pleasant and accomodating.

The club has multiple restaurants, those which we at being nice, especially if craving American classics like meatloaf, chilli dog or a hamburger. Thanks restaurants did seem to lack overall creativity and most items were available at each. We need not eat at the steakhouse, so I cannot speak to it.

The locker room is great with individual hot tubs, steam, sauna, and massage chairs that work in ways I couldn't believe possible. Workout facilities are up to par. I didn't use pool, but visited and very nice.

It's a great location. We were happy to be able to enjoy it while there.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

TAC is an oasis in a very hectic Tokyo. We value our lifetime membership here very much. The building is newer. The facilities top notch. The staff very polite. It is a slice of America which is a nice respite when staying in Tokyo for an extended time. We have not been fortunate enough to find availability at the guest suites, but hope to on our next trip. TAC has become more formal over the years, which I suspect is a product of the Japanese membership. It is an expensive and exclusive club, so I understand the need for the rules to be more rigid. But, like most more mature nostalgic types....we miss the good old days.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Membership is required to have dinner here, either of the Tokyo American club itself or of one of the many reciprocal clubs around the world. We had an excellent steak dinner when we visited - not perhaps on a par with Goodman's in London or the Capital Grill chain in the USA, but still very good by world standards. If we were living in Tokyo, this is somewhere we would be coming back to on a regular basis.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple