“Sakura Festival 2018 Open House”
Review of Suntory Hall

Suntory Hall
Ranked #1 of 34 Concerts & Shows in Minato
Reviewed April 1, 2018

They have open house. Free concert during Ark Hills Sakura Festival. There are many children. Sakura week is so busy at popular places but kind of less crowd. Ark Hills also have things for children during festival.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"tokyo"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

With its simplicity of the structure of the hall and the perfect sounds it store, I think it is the best concert hall I have been to. Tokyo phill regularly plays there. It is a must to do in Tokyo. I went there on cold winter night, it was quite warm. I did not need my sweater.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

During my one month stay in Tokyo, a concert experience was a must. At home, in Cluj-Napoca, Romania I often go to opera and philharmonic concerts. So, I took this opportunity to see other concert halls besides what I already know.
Suntory Hall impressed me with its’ simplicity. Nothing like an old-fashioned opera or philharmonic house I am used to.
Suntory Hall impressed me with its’ excellent acoustic capacity.
Suntory Hall impressed me with its’ vast open and vineyard-like space.
Suntory Hall impressed me with its’ beautiful location.
I am thankful for the opportunity to enjoy precious time there.

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Went to Suntory Hall for the first time — lived up to the hype, and then some. To start with, the hall is simply beautiful. Lots of wood encircling a stage — the design ensures that there is not a bad seat in the house. Then, the acoustics are just phenomenal. I saw Ivo Pogolorich solo. He was great. I can only describe the sound as “liquid” — it surrounded and engulfed you. Pure, simple and a joy to listen to. If you can get there, Suntory Hall is worth a visit.

1  Thank Brent R
See more reviews
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Since their opening on October 1986, I can't count the number of times I have visited here. Wonderful interior, perfect seating arrangement and acoustics with great location in Akasaka/Roppongi area. Just went there for Yuja Wang's piano recital and really enjoyed it. Never disappointed.