All reviewsgreat locationsubway stationa slightly larger roomhibiya linedeluxe roomfree coffee in the lobbycoin operated laundrysmall roommiso soupwould stay againfamily marthigher floorramenmin walkvending machinenarita airportbuffet breakfast
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Reasonable price, strategic location with the train station within 5min of walking distance. Very friendly staffs and allowed us to have the check in earlier. Coin laundry,clean and spacious room! We cant ask for more. Many good food around. Ichiran ramen is across the road, at least 2 convenient stores situated just next door.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
broppongi, フロント at the b tokyo roppongi, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2018

Dear Valued guest,

We agree that our hotel is centrally located with many shops, restaurants and important landmarks for sightseeing, and it is also convenient to explore all around tokyo by metro.

We are really pleased that you like our hotel. We try to do the best that we can.
Thank you again for your stay and comment. We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Tokyo.

the b tokyo roppongi Front Desk Saki Sakamoto

Reviewed December 3, 2017

The hotel b Roppongi Hotel was a great stay. For our first trip to Tokyo we wanted something cheap but not dirty. This hotel was a good price for what it offered. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful by calling us a cab, checking us in early, and offering good traveling information. The room was a good size, comfy bed, and nice size bathroom. Everyday we would come back to a clean hotel room and the toilet seats were always warm. It was a good first visit to Tokyo and we are sure to stay in Roppongi B hotel again. Also the location was very nice because it was a short distance from a lot of things we wanted to travel to. It was also close to the subway and a lot of food and clubs around this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jordyn P,

Thank you again for your stay and the feedback. We continually perform our best to make each hotel stay enjoyable, and we all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Tokyo.

Reviewed November 28, 2017

I really liked to be in the Roppongi area, it is very nice and close to the metro and major traffic areas, very reachable to other locations and very good restaurants. Service is great and the theme music is awesome!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear Luis Enrique,

Reviewed November 25, 2017

The good first: there’s some sense of style, and what space is available is used effectively. There’s free coffee in the lobby. The usual room amenities, even a safe, though it’s too small for a laptop. The fridge is only a little smaller than the average hotel type.

The bad will take a bit longer. First, the wifi is crappy and annoying. It keeps disconnecting, and you have to keep trying different routers until you find one that works. Every few minutes, a big pain. Time to update that wifi system, hotel people!

My room was seriously small, even by Japanese standards. No chair, only a stool. The lighting consists of two ceiling spotlights and a pointable LED thing between the bed and the desk. (The advantage of the small room is that the bed lamp can be the desk lamp, and you can even reach the bed from the toilet, though not vice versa). I would have liked a proper desk lamp, or something not pointing directly into my eyes when laying on the bed, which is really the only available position in the room.

The bathroom fan runs all the time. Unless you request a humidifier (which I'd recommend even though the humidifiers are noisy and take up some of your small available table space) the bathroom fan will suck all the humidity out of the air, and you’ll be dry as a bone if you use the heater. Not that you'll have an easy time with that since heater/air conditioner instructions don’t match the actual air conditioner, and its tricky, and the buttons didn't always work when pressed. The information book claims you can adjust the amount of ventilation in the room, but doesn’t explain how. Possibly it means that the window is supposed to be able to open, though I was unable to do this.

The shower was actually kind of normal size. But watch your step coming out of the bathroom, it’s quite a drop!

You’ll be storing all your clothes on the two hangers and your suitcase, so use those hangers well!

There is a vending machine on the second floor, but it has no beer. First time I've seen that in Japan, and I've stayed at a lot of places in Japan, including Buddhist temples.

There’s only one elevator, so there’s sometimes a wait.

When I checked in there was some very loud construction going on in the lobby, so when they assigned me a room on the third floor I asked for a quiet room, and they moved me to the 6th floor. But it seems a lot of the rooms face two large expressways, which definitely can’t be called quiet, and if you're on a higher floor, it may actually be noiser than a lower floor, since you are above both the expressways. Traffic, sirens, etc. Loud enough that I had trouble sleeping.

The long and short of it: if it's really your dream to stay in Roppongi and you want to do it on the cheap, I wouldn’t totally rule this place out, but there are so many better hotels in Tokyo. You might want to give some thought as to whether you really need to stay in Roppongi; since you presumably went to the trouble of coming to Japan, staying in a place with some Japanese people around wouldn't be such a terrible thing. I don't deny that Roppongi is kind of a fun place, if you can manage to ignore the thuggish touts on every corner.

I'm writing this from the B Kyoto, which is newer and nicer, and a bit pricier. I've generally had good experiences with the B chain, which is why I was kind of disappointed with the Roppongi one. It's not really the staff's fault, they were fine.

Except one small thing: the pen in the room had some weird white gooey stuff on the end of it. It worked, but it was completely disgusting. The housekeeping staff must have noticed it, since they tore off the sheet of the notepad I tested it on. If you don't change a disgustingly dirty pen, it gives a bad impression. And while I'm nitpicking, how about cleaning the inside of the refrigerators a little more seriously? There was a sort of brown water in mine which I didn't especially appreciate. And what exactly is that filmy stuff on the shower curtain? Just wondering.

I do appreciate that the hotel is reading tripadvisor comments, and want to wish the staff the best of luck in that tiny lobby with the excruciating construction noise (possibly over by now?) and all those crazy foreign guests.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
broppongi, フロント at the b tokyo roppongi, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback regarding your stay at the b tokyo roppongi. The entire team is pleased to read your generous comment. All the complement is truly appreciated and they are strong encouragement for our future performance.

We are very sorry about the inconvenience you had about the street and construction noise. We are currently doing the construction which started on November 2017, planned to be finished on March 2019, and during those period, you may hear a noise on day time at 9:00~18:00.

Also, we are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the hotel’s room and facilities. If by any chance, you would like to make a reservation in the hotel again, we will try our best to recommend the room that is more bigger and quiet as much as possible. By that time then, please do not hesitate to contact us so we can explain where the room is located, how much will be the noise, and the size of the room as well.

Thank you again for your stay and the feedback. We continually perform our best to make each hotel stay enjoyable, and thus we all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Tokyo.

the b tokyo roppongi Front Desk Saki Sakamoto

Reviewed November 13, 2017

I stayed 2 nights on business.
Location is good Exit 5 of Roppongi station though the last stairs is though when you carry a luggage.
Staff was polite and helpful.
Lobby is small but they offer free coffee/tea all day which is a nice touch.
I got a room facing the highway, lucky I had some ear plugs because noise level was pretty high (not so cool).
On the 2nd night the fire alarm rang at 2am for half an hour but no announcement in English so I had to call the reception to check if it was serious. At least they called me back to say everything was fine (guest smoked in his bathroom)....
Next door there was construction noise due to an upcoming hotel but luckily I was out all day so did not get to hear the noise.
Room is extremely tiny but that's what I paid for so no surprise. It's just quite old but overall ok.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear arashicchan,

All the complement is truly appreciated and they are strong encouragement for our future performance. We have to agree our hotel is centrally located with many shops, restaurants and important landmarks for sightseeing, and it is also convenient to explore all around tokyo by metro.

Lastly, we also apologize for the false alarm, it must have worried you very well. We will try our very best to understand the situation and announce right away the next time it may happen.

Thank you again for your stay and the feedback that will help the hotel where to improve more. We continually perform our best to make each hotel stay enjoyable,
we all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Tokyo.