All reviews military hotel military personnel active duty navy exchange hiroo station waiting list french embassy sunday brunch is retired military pull out couch pool and hot tub king suite a great place to stay downtown tokyo fitness center minute walk laundry service
Reviewed October 26, 2015

If you are DoD card holder, this Navy hotel is a great place to stay. Very affordable, clean and friendly staff. Hotel has a bar, casino, pool, NEX, restaurants and bank. Located close to the subway and many tourist attractions.

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank Scott and Julie B
Reviewed October 24, 2015

I've been there only one in three years and that's for good reason: horrible reservation policies. My family is coming for the first time and I tried to make reservation four months ago but it is all booked so I got myself on the waiting list. Well there is another way to get a room and that is to make a really expensive dinner reservation in their own restaurants and since I could make a reservation for two nights I am forced to take which doubles more than your one night stand and keeps you in the facility not enjoying the food capital of the world. Well I just came back from my deployment and got an email saying that there was a cancellation and to call back to change the reservation. It was only two hours since I got the email and they gave it to someone else. So when you are on a waiting list, you are NOT on a list. They release it to anyone and so when I called they already gave it away. I am royally pissed because they are trying to get as much people in there and take all your money instead of using it on your Tokyo vacation to explore and experience the culture. Shame on them!

Room tip: Don't rely on the waiting list and don't get the dinner reservation.
Date of stay: November 2014
2  Thank Costas D
Reviewed October 17, 2015

I wasn't sure what to expect when my bro-in-law said he got us reservations at the military hotel in Tokyo--I was very pleasantly surprised. The New Sanno Hotel is a nice hotel in an upscale/cosmopolitan neighborhood in Tokyo near Italian cafes and French bakeries (it's near numerous embassies). It's a fairly quick walk to the Hiro-o train station (about 10-15 minutes) or the Arisugawa-no-miya Memorial Park--which has a fabulous play area for young kids. The hotel has a nice pool, hot tub, and gym. The breakfast buffet is a steal at $9.95.

Date of stay: October 2015
1  Thank GetMeToWhiteSand
Reviewed October 14, 2015

We have got to stay here 3 times now with my in-laws (veteran). The prices are fabulous for the rooms, food, and drinks! I am hoping we willl get to stay here again, as my son-in-law will be active Navy doc soon!

Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank kwtexas
Reviewed October 14, 2015

If you are visiting Tokyo this is a must stay hotel (military & family only) You can't beat the price and its so close to everything. Breakfast isn't included to either price for it or just head out to find a locals meals, there are plenty of options nearby. If you can book extra early to get a upper floor room to take in the nice city views!

Date of stay: September 2015