We extended our stay here a couple of times as it was a nice and friendly hotel!
It is slightly away from the main tourist area of Akasaka and on top of the hill (so with suitcases you probably want to consider getting a taxi). The rooms were good for sleep they had nice beds (but a little bit on the hard side) and very effective blinds but the rooms were very small, hard to fit 2 suitcases and several bags around it, also, there was no wardrobe, just a couple of hooks. The design is quirky and so the shower and toilet is only separated from the bedroom by a frosted glass wall. There are a lot of nice touches, including free coffee in the foyer, internet in the room, decent vending machines and good laundry facility. Akasaka and Tokyo Midtown are nice areas with lots of food options but they tend to be at the bottom of the hill however there is a decent pizzeria within the hotel. The staff who spoke some English were always helpful and smiling and made you feel very welcome. The main thing to remember though is that it is on top of the hill – the main route from the subway station is 5mins up a steep hill from the Tokyo metro (Akasaka station) but a 10 minute gentler walk in the opposite direction to Akasaka Mitsuke. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the hub of the business, entertainment, dining and shopping districts of cosmopolitan Akasaka. Close-by is TBS Studios, Akasaka Sacas and two major subway stations providing easy access to Ginza, Shibuya, Shinjuku and Omote Sando. A short walk away you’ll find the Imperial Palace and the popular nightlife and entertainment area of Roppongi including Roppongi Hills, Tokyo Midtown, Suntory Museum of Art and the National Art Centre. The hotel also features Image SPA facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, JAPANiCAN, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity.ca, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your the b akasaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- b Akasaka Minato
- b Akasaka Hotel Minato
- The b Akasaka Tokyo, Japan