“Amazing steak in an intimate setting”

RRR Kobe Beef Steak
Ranked #61 of 12,874 Restaurants in Minato
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Description: Aren't you tired of Japanese food like sushi or tempura...? If so, how about visiting us,"RRR Kobe Beef Steak". Enjoy GENUINE and the BEST Kobe beef and Champagne/wine at exceptional price!
Reviewed July 8, 2018

I love Japanese steak and there are some great places for high quality good value steak (Aging Beef being one of them). But if you want Kobe beef, this is the place. Exceptionally cooked, and their other items including the starters were incredible, some of the best foie gras ever had (including in France!) and the chocolate dessert was one of my favorites. Really unexpected since the restaurant is small and at the top floor of an unassuming building, but has a great atmospere as a result. Incredible value as well in a city like Tokyo where normal meals can escalate quickly, and the waiter and chef were incredibly friendly. I'm actually worried about making this place too popular since I want to return without a waitlist, but they did such a good job I feel compelled to share so they can open more premises!

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Amazing food. Aoki was the best server and it was really nice.kobe beef was yummy. Definitely would recommend

rtriple, マネージャー at RRR Kobe Beef Steak, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Thank you for coming last night.
We also appreciate what you have written this review.
We look forward to see you next time.
thank you.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

On my way to Hyatt to meet a friend I found this quaint restaurant with a see through wine cellar and a suited gentleman the door. I walked in and I was seated at the bar. I checked into yelp and automatically received a complimentary glass of champagne, nice. I ordered fresh oysters, Kobe terrine, and 200 grams of Kobe steak. The food tasted amazing. Each course built up to the steak. A5 Kobe was cooked perfectly medium rare in the center and a beautiful char. Great find and highly recommend this.

1  Thank Sebastian K
Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Real great moment, friendly staff, the food was delicious from start to the end!
Highly recommanded
About 25,000 yens for 2 menus 5 plates + dessert + coffee/tea, a bottle of wine and 2 flutes fe champagne
Approved by a french gourmand/gourmet

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We visited the RRR for dinner. Given the place is small (fits three tables and a max of 12 guests) reservation is a must. Please note that you need to register a credit card in your reservation. (Ok in my mind due to small size and problem of now shows).

To get there best to take Oedo line to Roppongi. Take exit 5 in the station: From there it is a 5 minute walk. Restaurant is on the corner of the Main Street, left to a coffee place. You need to take the elevator up to 10th floor.

Service is friendly and attentive but a bit to slick for my taste.

Food is great. We went for the "Kobe satisfaction" set menu. A bit irritating you can only select one menu if you are there with two guests. Chef apparently does not want to switch between different set menus.

Portions are on the smaller end but with 5 dishes and desert on top you will for sure not leave hungry.
All the courses we had tasted great (Kobe sushi, beef jelly consommé, Kobe tartare, shabu style Kobe and the main with three different parts of Kobe). Meat was exactly to the point medium rare.
Desert chocolate cake with white chocolate and green tea was amazing.

Wine menu is great; selected but good open wines. If you go for a full bottle there is plenty of choice. House champagne to start with was Roederer (fair priced at Y1500 per glas).

Overall great evening. We enjoyed it and would come back. With total of Y15,000 per person not cheap but definitely worth the money.
For me it RRR deserves 4.5 stars but not quite all 5.