“Very good experience”

Price range: US$17 - US$176
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shinbashi Shiodome, Odaiba
Description: Linked to Roppongi 1 Chome train station and located in Ark Hills South Tower in Tokyo's Akasaka district, Roppongi, Ruby Jack's Steakhouse & Bar is a classic Steakhouse & Bar set in contemporary yet comfortable surroundings. The long dining hall with a full open kitchen and a display meat cellar including a dry aging section, seats 70 guests including a 10 seat private room overlooking the famous cherry blossom tree line and comfortably furnished terrace complete with a magical night view. Utilizing both old and new world techniques Ruby Jack's cuisine respects the true flavor of the selected premium ingredients while keeping their freshness. We pride ourselves in our in house dry aged steaks, not to mention the US, Australian and wagyu varieties. Oysters straight from the tank and shucked to order are a must. Both the Old World and New World are well represented on the extensive wine list. With great steaks, Big Reds are in abundance, not to forget the top shelf whites and champagnes. The sleek bar specializes in rare whiskeys and martinis ranging from the classics to some more contemporary variations. Whether it be a business lunch or dinner, an anniversary, birthday, romantic date, Weekend Brunch or one of our party plans with free flow drinks, Ruby's is suitable for all occasions.
Reviewed December 28, 2017

Like the title, the restaurant is very good but not excellent. Although all the waiters are well trained and attentive,the service can be a bit slow at times. Drinks and bread took nearly half an hour to be served. The food was excellent but the sides were the star of the meal. The tomahawk was nearly half fat, so I'd like to try the rib eye or the T-bone next time. Overall, I enjoyed the meal and would come back, but I'm expecting better next time.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

I've lived overseas in Europe and in Asia. I continue to travel a lot for work. On multi-week overseas trips, every once and while, I want a good steak. I went with three work colleagues - all Japanese. For apps, we had the caesar salad - it was fine. For the main, the 250g waygu filet, med rare. Hands down the best steak I've had in years. For sides, garlic mashed and creamed spinach. All fine. Service was good. Atmosphere was good - not too loud. A mix of expats and locals.

RUBYJACKS33, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Jack's Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Bai_Xing_Xing,

Thank you so much for your positive comments and recommending Ruby Jack's to other travellers.
We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed our food and service, especially Wagyu fillet. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

New England Clam Chowder was watery and had bacon in. Very few calms or potatoes. Rib eye Steak was mostly fat. Chips (fries) were undercooked. Asparagus was just the root/rough end.

Sad because I came here a year ago and had a great meal.

Recommend Ruth's Chris.

The manager did note my dissatisfaction however (possibly Trip Advisor log as I write this) and came over to my table to speak with me.

He removed the charges from my bill.

I would recommend checking more up to date reviews before booking.

Shame :-(

RUBYJACKS33, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Jack's Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Dear Warren E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We regret that your dining experience was not what you were expecting.
Your comment about the food has been shared and reviewed by our team which helps us to improve the guests' experience and keep the standards that we try to achieve on a daily basis.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, please let us know the next time you would like to visit Ruby Jack's.

Ruby Jack's Steakhouse & Bar

Reviewed July 13, 2017

The service from the staff is pleasant and the urban ambience is good. Every dish is delicious, and this establishment is a favorite in Tokyo.

RUBYJACKS33, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Jack's Steakhouse & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

淳丹様

Thank you very much for the positive comment !
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our food and service, and look forward to welcoming you as our guest soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

Had dinner there with friends and young children.
Food was outstanding.Good wine list
Staff were excellent.
It's not cheap but your eating high quality food ..

Dear Paulfreo,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share the positive comment.
We hope to welcome you back here soon !