All reviewsmodern hotelrestaurants and barsbathroom designgreat locationsmall double bedfree coffeebreakfast is servedcomfortable bedsmaller roomstayed here for three nightshotel is perfectgreat amenitiessubway stationbreakfast roommini fridgethe air conditioningwithin walking distance
Reviewed May 19, 2018

The Risveglio Akasaka Hotel is located in the heart of Tokyo. The rooms are quite and we felt welcomed by the friendly receptionists. We had a standard room with a double bed, which was very small. It was not easy to leave two luggages open on the floor. The room and the hotel overall were very beautiful and modern. The also have free tee and coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

If you don’t mind the hotel goes completely silent after you are charged right away after you made the booking. you can skip the read

I haven’t been there yet but the booking experience is already worse enough for me to write this review.

I booked a twin room in July thru booking.com. I bought it was a cancelable deal when I booked it but I received the notification from bank the payment was already charged the day after so it obviously wasn’t. I contacted booking.com right away and they insisted it’s a non refundable deal and therefore i asked for cancellation request right away. The booking was made in May and my trip suppose to be Mid July. So I did not intend to hold a room with a cheaper deal otherwise I wouldn’t ask for the exception a day after I made the booking. Booking.com responded that the hotel insisted and nothing they can do if the hotel not gonna cancel it. They suggested me to try to contact the hotel directly and which I did. After the first email from the hotel saying NO to me, I never got any response for my 2nd or 3rd email follow up. NEVER! How rude that can be? I think it’s a standard service you need to respond to all communication from your clients despite your answer is gonna be NO again. Instead of absolutely gone silent after charging 8 nights (quite a massive amount) and completely ignoring the difficulty of the customers ( I still haven’t booked a flight yet). I never get this experience from any hotel around the world. I think reply an email is a very basic derive from a hotel. And Risveglio chose to go Ignoring their client is the absolute smart way to avoid any help for their client

I have been to Japan many times and most of the hotels are absolute fab there. There are loads of choices there I wouldn’t recommend to go for this hotel unless you don’t mind their completely silent after payment service

Then good luck
Abi

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed May 10, 2018

Hotel is very quite and quaint - the lobby is dimly lit and is small but comfortable. The rooms are on the smaller size (same as in Europe) so if you have a large suitcase you can't keep it open and open the door at the same time but not an issue. The beds were actually very comfortable and there was amply room for all of our things. Even though the room was small it didn't feel cramped.
The location was awesome! There are so many restaurants around and it's only a block or so away from the metro. It's pretty quiet at night but really comes alive at night and is filled with locals.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are small but thoughtfully designed with beautiful, modern aesthetics. The “small” double bed was very comfortable although a tall person might prefer to choose a room with larger beds. We loved the location- it is very close to the subway station and has wonderful little restaurants and bars next to it. Food was never an issue and we were spoilt for choice! For those who need their space, look elsewhere and be prepared to fork out a lot more for a bigger room- this is Tokyo. At this price point, this hotel is pretty hard to beat.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

A convenient stay at this clean and modern hotel. We found the nearby subway station to be an efficient way to travel to the main sights. The room was small like most hotel rooms in Japan, but bigger than other rooms we stayed in during our trip.

There were plenty of nice restaurants on the doorstep of the hotel. I’d definitely recommend this place to others.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple