Open today: Closed

from US$45.10
from US$45.10
from US$52.30
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Fantastic, enlightening experience of 1800s Japan. The creation of my own fabric was fulfilling and fun! The English guides helped me understand the process and made the experience easy. Would recommend for anyone looking for an half-day experience 45min out from Tokyo. Many other fun things to do around the area after the tour as well!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was a very great tour, from Fujisawa to Enoshima.

We have been able to see Mt. Fuji from great views spots.

We also eat local food, see great temples at Kamakura and also caves at Enoshima.
This is really impressive and great to see.

This tour is the best way to see so much amazing places during only a day, with a great japanese guide, speaking english.

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

Very nice local walking tour designed to educate as well as foster a communal bond! Yuuki is very bright and animated, which makes for a great experience. She took us to many local spots, explained the culture, history, and reason for the spot’s popularity. Time was given to actually go into shops and buy things that one was interested in. On our tour, we also went to a farmer’s market type cafe and were able to enjoy a warm beverage together at one of the traditional low tables where the leg area is heated and covered by a blanket. It was a soothing and enjoyable experience. I really like how we saw a lot of things and never at any point felt rushed. The tour is also customized to the group’s interest. Would definitely recommend!

ELLISTA, マネージャー at Ellista, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Thank you very much for participating in the SHIMOKITAZAWA Local Walking Tour. We are so much appreciated with your comments on the guide too and pleased to know that you have enjoyed experiencing the distinctive cultures of the area.
I hope you’ll be back in Shimokitazawa in the future!

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed walking and talking with Yuuki. Shimokitasawa is a neighborhood with a lot of nice things to do. I loved the time in the cafe, the lotus tea was so delicious and we were like cats inside the japanese table, Kotatsu.

ELLISTA, マネージャー at Ellista, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Thank you very much for joining in the SHIMOKITAZAWA Local Walking Tour. I am glad to hear you enjoyed walking around the area with the guide and being absorbed into a Japanese culture.

I hope we’ll see you again in Shimokitazawa!

Reviewed April 10, 2018

I never thought the area was for me but this local walking tour totally gives me a different perspective about Shimokitazawa and it was perfect for a solo traveller like me.

I was impressed by how Yuki-san quickly customized the plan based on the tour group. Although she is still quite new to this, you can tell from her energy that she wants to make it enjoyable for everyone.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to explore Tokyo and prefers a less crowded place.

Thank you Yuki-san!

ELLISTA, マネージャー at Ellista, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Thank you very much for joining our SHIMOKITAZAWA Local Walking Tour. I am greatly appreciated the comment on our tour guide.

Enjoy the rest of your trip in Japan!

Reviewed April 10, 2018

First time in Shimokitazawa, The tour helped me to grasp the information around the area. With the lovely, fashionable, cheerful, and helpful guide, it's an enjoyable afternoon, walking around places become much more interesting with stories and histories about the area.
Yuki-san which has a deep knowledge about the area, having come to shimokitazawa many times, explained each of the subject ( cafe, theater, etc ) very well.
At first i got to choose what i'm interested in, the Yuki will quickly settle which route that we'll gonna do for the afternoon. I enjoyed everymoment because the ambience is like hang out with friends, so it felt so natural and at the same time very close.
The area definitely has lot to offer, and having a tour to know it is better for a traveller that has a very short time to visit and need more expert advice to choose which place they might want to go.
But either way, by solo travelling or tour is enjoyable. Group walking tour give you the opportunity to meet new people, sometimes people with different background and sometimes it surprising to meet amazing people.

so to make it short, it is an enjoyable and memorable experience, great guide and great area. Enjoy the tour with open minded mindset. Don't be closed minded otherwise you'll spoil the tour

thank you Yuki-san, Ai-san and Keiko-san

ELLISTA, マネージャー at Ellista, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you very much for participating our SHIMOKITAZAWA Local Walking Tour and supportive feedback on it.
I am glad that you enjoyed walking in the area with the guide, and it is great to know that you enjoyed meeting and chatting with other participants.

Enjoy the rest of the trip in Japan and we hope you’ll be back in the future!

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

This tour brought us to the best little shops in this small town and we fell in love. From vynil shops that had a wide range of music genre to 2nd hand clothing shops. Best option to escape the touristy side of Japan

ELLISTA, マネージャー at Ellista, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Thank you very much for joining our SHIMOKITAZAWA Local Walking Tour. I am pleased that you have enjoyed walking around the areas to feel the distinctive culture of Japan.

Enjoy the rest of your stay in Japan!

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Really great! I could have experienced deep Tokyo thanx to friendly and kind guide Ai-san and Yuki-san.

Actually I've been to Shimokitazawa city many times but I didn't know

- Deep cultural variety goods shops.
- good mood book store
- Good sweet "doughnuts" which made by Japanese traditional food Natto

and so on.

Gudie Yuki-san is so kind and really knows well about Shimokitaza and kindly recommended us to take a good pic's spot for Instagram:)

Thnaks a lot!

ELLISTA, マネージャー at Ellista, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you very much for participating our SHIMOKITAZAWA Local Walking Tour.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the tour with the guide.
Have fun in the rest of the trip in Japan!