2,195 results
All reviewsshinjuku stationkrispy kremehotel startstokyu handsgreat locationtakashimaya department storesouthern terracea small convenience storemt fujinarita expressgood sizefloor lobbytakashimaya times squaresouth exittokyo handsfrench bakerycorner room
Reviewed January 11, 2011

great location in Shinjuku. equidistant (5 mins either way) between Yoyogi and Shinjuku stations, w tons of JR and metro service. directly across from the Takashimaya Times Square (department store) + Tokyu Hands (housewares store) + Kinokuniya (book store)...connected by a walkway, so it's simple getting between them. free ethernet broadband that was quite fast. my room had a great view and was very good value for the money. the staff was very helpful (as is typical for Japan). good shiseido products in the bathroom and great water pressure. they kept telling me how small the fitness center was, but it was adequate for my purposes (and you can see Fuji from there when it's clear outside). my room had an awesome view facing west. would stay here again in a second--highly highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Stayed at the Century Southern Tower for two nights and three days in Tokyo. The hotel is very well located right outside of Shinjuku station's Southern Terrace exit. Views from the room of the Shinjuku skyline and from the lobby of the other parts of Tokyo incl. Tokyo Tower are simply spectacular!! On a clear December morning I managed to get an excellent view of Mt. Fuji along with the Park Hyatt and other Shinjuku skyscrapers from my room. The room was spotless clean, spacious along with a large bathroom with the typical, modern Japanese-style facilities. Free internet was also great! Various parts of Tokyo and Narita are accessible just a few steps away through the Yamanote line's Shinjuku Station.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2010

Our room was on the 34th floor with spectacular views of the Shinjuku Gyoen Park and the Tokyo skyline. Who needs to go up the Tokyo Tower or the Metropolitan Building when the views from the panoramic window are this good! The hotel even provides a helpful diagram indicating all the key landmarks you can see. Westside rooms have views all the way to Mt. Fuji which can also be clearly seen from the bar on the 20th floor. The hotel location is perfect. Adjacent to Shinjuku station (which you will use a lot and you won’t hear a thing from either!) its very convenient for getting around, opposite the massive Takamishimaya department store and restaurants of Times Square, and an easy 5 minute walk to the centre of Shinjuku’s bustling centre, plus the Lumine and Odakyu shopping centres. Service in the hotel is first class, the rooms are spacious enough and good value for money when you remember this is the world’s biggest city. We had breakfast daily (2,200 yen) in the hotel in the well managed restaurant where choice is plentiful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colin330
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I cannot fault this hotel. Service is superb. Rooms are larger than the usual in Tokyo -- and this is really important for me. Views are magnificent. The ambience is plush and gleaming. The one special benefit of its location is that you have the option of avoiding the craziness of the very crowded Shinjuku Station. Instead, I often used the relatively quiet Yoyogi Station which is just a short, pleasant stroll in the other direction past convenience stores and food outlets.

I needed to go elsewhere for a coin laundry however, as the hotel's service was extremely expensive. I found one in the basement of the next door Sunroute Plaza Hotel - so: problem solved.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Jon_101
Reviewed November 6, 2010

The location of this hotel is great-directly across the street from the train station, right in the middle of Tokyo and next door to Tokyu Hands Department Store, which has a ton of food options.

The hotel itself is on top of an office building so it starts on the 20th floor- meaning all the rooms have a great city view. There are a number of restaurants, we ate in Tribeks and the Chinese restaurant. Tribeks' breakfast was great, but the Chinese restaurant was mediocre. Beware the 'Welcome Dinner Invitiation' you will find in your room- its a discounted set menu for new check-ins. We chose the Chinese restaurant and it is very nice, great views, however the set menu is vague, no description and no options. Our waiter did not speak enough English to tell us what the food was, so we were served an appetizer, soup, dumplings and main dish that we had no idea what they were.

The rooms are comfortable, the bathroom has all the standard amenities for Japan. The hotel does not offer room service but provides menus for restaurants that will deliver. They also offer in-room massages that are very, very reasonable ($45 for an hour). The women who came up to massage me and my husband did a great job, although we couldn't communicate very well as they spoke little English.

The conceirge was very helpful and put up with all our questions. He had alot of great info.

All in all, I really enjoyed staying here. It was nice hotel, much much better than I expected for the price we paid. The staff was pretty good and you just can't beat the location.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple