“Best steak ever!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed March 11, 2018

We were only in Tokyo for a few days and had steak for dinner three nights straight and I'm not a big beef fan but it was so good. While all three dinners were great this one was the best. It's a really lovely atmosphere, excellent service, nice wine list and the beef (we tried three a short rib, sirloin and tenderloin) was absolutely superb. It was melt in your mouth delicious with a variety of seasonings (salts, wasabi etc) to try with your beef if you wished. As a side to our beef we had vegetable bibimbap which was delicious although probably not the usual accompaniment but we had just been in South Korea prior. We visited on a Monday night which wasn't too busy but we called ahead for a reservation. If you are looking to try exceptional Japanese beef that you cook yourself over a hot grill at your table in the traditional style this is the place.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

This is as good as it gets. Kobe beef served with love by competent staff. Can be recommended for everyone that appreciates great meat and excellent side orders. Don't bring your kids.

Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

I reserved this restaurant on Open Table before we left for Japan as a special dinner for my birthday. Since this is our second time to visit Japan, I’ve decided I wanted to eat Kobe Beef for my birthday dinner. The location of the restaurant was 7 minutes walk from our hotel in Shinjuku, Century Southern Tower, towards Yoyogi. We went to a wrong restaurant but was directed to Kobe Beef Ikuta. The sign is in Kanji so hard to figure out. We were early for our reservation but they accommodated us. We ordered 2 set menus, the $110 each. It was the best meal. The different cuts of Kobe Beef, appetizers, side dishes, soup and the best Bibimbap I’ve eaten. There were 2 different kinds of dessert, chocolate mousse and mango, pear and pineapple mousse, they served in a beautiful decorated plate with Happy Birthday greetings and our 3 hostesses were singing Happy Birthday. The desserts were so delicious. I loved our 3 hostesses, they were so gracious, friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this restaurant and will be coming back. I will forever be comparing Kobe Beef every time I eat beef.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

We visited the restaurant three times during our time in Tokyo. We had kobe beef every time, including internal organs once. Guests are grilling their own meet, one small piece at a time. The beef was amazing, so amazing that we decided to come back twice after the first visit..We had bottle of sake "goes well with beef" (that was the name on the bottle). The service was amazing. Warm lovely people! We are travelling to Tokyo again this year and are going to have a dinner at Ikuta again!

Reviewed January 1, 2018

If you are looking for the very best for Kobe beef this is your place. The food is incredible, the service is top notch and the location is fairly easy to get to. You could make an afternoon out of it and go shopping at Luminé 1 and 2 then head to Kobe Beef Ikuta for dinner. We had the shared dish with three different types of beef with a side of kimchi and rice. Thank you to the entire staff for making our visit one of a kind, your food and company is well worth the number of awards you have won!