“If you are in this area and hungry - you can't go wrong with Udon Iroha”
Review of Udon Iroha

Udon Iroha
Ranked #423 of 9,040 Restaurants in Shibuya
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Neighbourhood: Shibuya, Harajuku, Ebisu
Reviewed April 4, 2018

First, it's a tiny place but pretty standard in Japan. Seats maybe 16-20 people but they are very efficient. They have an Italian take on Udon so you can get traditional Udon, or you can get it in meat sauce, carbonara style and more.

The food is served super hot and stays hot for the entire time. Almost defying physics in how much it retains heat.

They have an English menu and speak enough English to make it work. We always have a translation app on our iPhone just in case anyway. I wanted to order one of the dishes without the soft egg, Simply putting in the app, "Can I order this without the egg?" and showed the translated screen to our waiter, was perfect.

Anyway, great food, reasonably priced, excellent service. What else can you ask for in any restaurant in any country besides this?

Go and enjoy. You won't regret it.

Reviewed November 17, 2016 via mobile

If you're tired of shopping, and want to try something a bit different and still want to eat Japanese food, this place is a great choice. There are Japanese style udon and Italian style udon. I tried the avocado one (which is #1 here) and my sister tried the chicken and tomato cream sauce, both were delicious. It's quite tourist friendly and in a not so busy street. Highly recommendable!

Reviewed September 21, 2016

We visited for lunch as it was packed with locals and looked interesting. Very small restaurant specializing in all kinds of Udon noodles. I went for the beef curry and my buddy went for the octopus. Noodles really fresh and absolutely delicious. Fun atmosphere and people watching. Lunch with 2 beers was about $14 each and a lot of fun. If you are in Harajuku, definitely plan on stopping for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed September 13, 2016 via mobile

My wife and my daughters were looking for a place to have a lunch in the middle of their visit to Harajuku, but everything was full. They finally bumped into this tiny place that had seats available and wow, they were delighted by their food, especially the flavor of the soup and the consistency of the noodles! I was able to try it myself when a few days later my wife dragged me to this place and I can tell you it's second to none. Hope you can try it yourself!

Reviewed January 10, 2016 via mobile

English menu available. Don't forget to get the free size upgrade. Quite a large range of udon available with some interesting combos.

The serving size of the large udon was very filling. The noodles were good and the soup in the pork, ginger, miso and cheese udon was also good. It was very strongly flavoured with ginger and leeks though.