Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Book In Advance
Tours from Oishii Food Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews sashimi yakitori highly recommend this tour neighborhood tour ebisu area fantastic tour memorable evening foodie tour private tour food culture sake tasting rice crackers small group the tsukiji fish market plum wine japanese pancake local culture
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

What a great way to experience Tokyo - trying a variety of Japanese foods from yakitori to sashimi. Plus our guide, Christian, was super knowledgeable about Japan and answered all our random culture and language questions. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: April 2018
MegSakuma, オーナー at Oishii Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Thanks for joining us on the tour! It was so great to meet you and talk about Japan, as well as hear about Israel, too! Thanks for asking all the great questions, and I enjoyed hearing about your experience with Asian languages, too, from your time in Myanmar. Enjoy the rest of your trip and I hope to see you again!

Christian

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Do it, it's worth every penny. You eat so much and it's so delicious. Honestly, you won't find anything so local if you are just a tourist. Miyuki was an amazing guide. She literally remembers the whole groups name and she is so helpful. And at the end, she taught us some Japanese (of course all food related). I highly recommend this for all tourists who want to try the more loca shops.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Jessica L
MegSakuma, オーナー at Oishii Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the great review !
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed food and atmosphere. I hope you got cute signature stamp from the shop ;)
Please let me know when you come back to Tokyo !!

Arigato :)

Miyuki

Reviewed March 25, 2018

I can't believe it's taken me this long to write a review! I did lots of research before choosing Oishii and am so happy I did! Starting form the planning stages Meg was excellent. The fish market tour with her felt like we were hanging out with a local friend. Great sushi lunch and fabulous tastings including one of luscious, glistening tuna from a seller on the auction floor. Plus, we loved exploring a Ginza department store food hall -more tastings! Meg even went out of her way to take me to a gorgeous stationary store. Her colleague created a ruse for my husband while she tried to help me find a special surprise gift for him. Our night tour with Naoke was a particular highlight of the entire trip! Like Meg, she is charismatic and fun. (Both of them spent years in the US so their English is excellent) We enjoyed fabulous, bites and sips at little eateries that we would never have found on our own. Plus, the other couple we met on the tour were lots of fun. FYI: They were serious foodies in the food industry from Singapore and had chosen Oishii after much research. We ran into them a week later in a Kyoto train station (bizarre coincidence) and talked about how great the tour was. Oh yes! Upon my request Meg took us to a small drug store ( like a CVS) and guided me to the best face cream. I'm obsessed and need to figure out how to get some in the states!

Date of experience: July 2017
MegSakuma, オーナー at Oishii Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

It was very nice meeting you and your husband! Thank you so much for writing us such a wonderful review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed both day and night tours! You are really fun and we both felt like taking our friends to our favorite places in Tokyo! Hope to see you again when you come back to Tokyo!!

Kind Regards,

Meg & Naoko

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

This is an essential if you love Japanese food and want to get off the beaten tourist track and are turned off going to somewhere which doesn’t have an English menu out the front. The lovely and extremely knowledgeable Kanako took us to some absolutely fantastic places for a brilliant dining experience in Ebisu. Small groups and it’s more than just eating. You actually have a laugh and a good time as well.

As a result of doing this tour my wife and I are now hooked on Grapefruit Sours and are even more adventurous as to what Japanese food we will eat.

If you are in Tokyo and enjoy your food and drink I acn’t recommend this enough!!!!

Date of experience: March 2018
MegSakuma, オーナー at Oishii Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the great review. I was very happy to have you guys. Also, thanks to your friend!! Hope you have another interesting and great experience in Kyoto!

Kanako

Reviewed February 28, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our Saturday tour through Yanaka ginza with Miyuki who was a fantastic guide. She made everyone feel comfortable and went out of her way to provide more suggestions on things to do or places to visit after the tour. It felt more like a casual stroll in a historic town with a small group of newly made friends (Miyuki, Steve, Michelle, Nick and Jennifer). Walking through this older, special part of Tokyo, eating and drinking delicious senbei, dorayaki, curry buns, menchi katsu, ramen, gyoza, sashimi, sake, coffee, mochi, beer, karaage, etc. was a great way to learn and appreciate Tokyo even more. I highly recommend that you schedule this tour in the earlier part of your visit to Tokyo so that you might be able to return, as we did, to this wonderful part of the city. A great highlight to our trip to Japan!

Date of experience: February 2018
2  Thank Stu Y
MegSakuma, オーナー at Oishii Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Dear Stu Y,

Thank you so much for the great review.
It was a fun day with you and your wife !
I'm still enjoying the toffee :)
Hope to see you again !!

Matane :)