“Best food tour in Tokyo!!! Highly recommended”

Oishii Tokyo Food Tours
Ranked #2 of 19 Food & Drink in Shibuya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ever wanted to look past your guidebook and experience Tokyo’s vibrant culture in local’s shoes? Oishii Tokyo Food Tours will take you on a walking food tour to eat at tucked away gems known exclusively to locals.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My family (including our 4 month old baby) and I were lucky enough to go on a tour with Meg today. We have done several food tours around the world and this would have to be rated as one of the best. We booked the Tsukiji fish market tour which last nearly 4 hours. Our guide Meg took us to the inner market to taste fresh tuna, before it was flooded with tourists. She knows many of the vendors and has fantastic information about the right places to eat. We tried a large variety of Japanese cuisine, to the point where we could not eat anything else. We had such a great time that we booked another tour for tomorrow. Thank you to Meg for her fantastic hospitality.

MegSakuma, オーナー at Oishii Tokyo Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Dave

Thank you for joining our Tsukiji Fish Market tour (also our Daytime Yanaka tour the next day).
It was so nice meeting you and your lovely family!! I personally enjoyed getting to know you and showing you to my favorite places in Tsukiji Fish Market. Looking forward to meeting you again on your next visit : )

Kind Regards,

Meg

All reviews
"sashimi"
in 32 reviews
"yakitori"
in 28 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 13 reviews
"croquettes"
"private tour"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a great way to experience Tokyo - trying a variety of Japanese foods from yakitori to sashimi. Plus our guide, Christian, was super knowledgeable about Japan and answered all our random culture and language questions. Highly recommended!

MegSakuma, オーナー at Oishii Tokyo Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for joining us on the tour! It was so great to meet you and talk about Japan, as well as hear about Israel, too! Thanks for asking all the great questions, and I enjoyed hearing about your experience with Asian languages, too, from your time in Myanmar. Enjoy the rest of your trip and I hope to see you again!

Christian

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Do it, it's worth every penny. You eat so much and it's so delicious. Honestly, you won't find anything so local if you are just a tourist. Miyuki was an amazing guide. She literally remembers the whole groups name and she is so helpful. And at the end, she taught us some Japanese (of course all food related). I highly recommend this for all tourists who want to try the more loca shops.

1  Thank Jessica L

Thank you so much for the great review !
I’m glad to hear you enjoyed food and atmosphere. I hope you got cute signature stamp from the shop ;)
Please let me know when you come back to Tokyo !!

Arigato :)

Miyuki

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can't believe it's taken me this long to write a review! I did lots of research before choosing Oishii and am so happy I did! Starting form the planning stages Meg was excellent. The fish market tour with her felt like we were hanging out with a local friend. Great sushi lunch and fabulous tastings including one of luscious, glistening tuna from a seller on the auction floor. Plus, we loved exploring a Ginza department store food hall -more tastings! Meg even went out of her way to take me to a gorgeous stationary store. Her colleague created a ruse for my husband while she tried to help me find a special surprise gift for him. Our night tour with Naoke was a particular highlight of the entire trip! Like Meg, she is charismatic and fun. (Both of them spent years in the US so their English is excellent) We enjoyed fabulous, bites and sips at little eateries that we would never have found on our own. Plus, the other couple we met on the tour were lots of fun. FYI: They were serious foodies in the food industry from Singapore and had chosen Oishii after much research. We ran into them a week later in a Kyoto train station (bizarre coincidence) and talked about how great the tour was. Oh yes! Upon my request Meg took us to a small drug store ( like a CVS) and guided me to the best face cream. I'm obsessed and need to figure out how to get some in the states!

MegSakuma, オーナー at Oishii Tokyo Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

It was very nice meeting you and your husband! Thank you so much for writing us such a wonderful review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed both day and night tours! You are really fun and we both felt like taking our friends to our favorite places in Tokyo! Hope to see you again when you come back to Tokyo!!

Kind Regards,

Meg & Naoko

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This is an essential if you love Japanese food and want to get off the beaten tourist track and are turned off going to somewhere which doesn’t have an English menu out the front. The lovely and extremely knowledgeable Kanako took us to some absolutely fantastic places for a brilliant dining experience in Ebisu. Small groups and it’s more than just eating. You actually have a laugh and a good time as well.

As a result of doing this tour my wife and I are now hooked on Grapefruit Sours and are even more adventurous as to what Japanese food we will eat.

If you are in Tokyo and enjoy your food and drink I acn’t recommend this enough!!!!

MegSakuma, オーナー at Oishii Tokyo Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the great review. I was very happy to have you guys. Also, thanks to your friend!! Hope you have another interesting and great experience in Kyoto!

Kanako