Licensed Guide Shinjuku Dramatic Tour (Tokyo)

Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Shin Okubo Korean Town
1,043 results
All reviews k pop korea town koreatown tokyo phenomenon ingredients
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

We wondered around late afternoon Friday and stumble across a cafe Du Riche (I think) next to Showbox. It is an entertainment venue for your boy bands I think. About 20-40 teen girls were there off and on and then the bands came out for photos. It was amazing people watching!

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank SydneyNancy13
Reviewed June 9, 2016

If you are into korean things: food, music, beauty products this is definetly your place if you can't go to korea just like me. Unfourtanetly I went there quite late evening so I didn't have much time but I could easily spend a day and a lot of money here.
You can find all the beauty products from korea so good luck with making decisions! You will definetly end up with way too much lipstics and mascara and of course BB creams. They are not expensive but very good quality so easy to get carried away.
You can also find everything decorated with korean music and movie stars from mugs to pillows and photo books!
If you like these stuff don't forget your wallet home!
You can also find korean restaurants here, like korean fried chicken or street foods.
The district is not too big but if you are a fan for korean stuff you will feel it too big.
Easy to reach with turning to right when exiting from Shin-Okubo station.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank Viola N
Reviewed June 7, 2016

Out of curiosity I walked here. Some stores, small restaurants, a tourist art gallery here and there. OK if you have time to kill and want to walk. Otherwise there are better things to do

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Joe_K_US
Reviewed May 25, 2016

I have a niece who is crazy for K-pop, so I had to head to Shin Okubo to get a souvenir for her from Japan. At first, I went into Star Shop since it's the most obvious store with the big Japanese and Korean flags. They had a heck of a selection, but their prices seemed a bit high. After walking around a bit, I found other smaller stores nearby that had similar merchandise for much lower prices. Concert DVDs were 500 yen each or 3 for 1000 yen at Star Shop, but right across the street I found them for 350 yen each or 4 for 1000 yen. So walk around a bit and do some price comparisons. With a little effort, you can get your K-pop souvenirs for a reasonable price.

Date of experience: May 2016
4  Thank Dan F
Reviewed May 21, 2016

I stayed in hotels here for a while around 2011 and it was a truly bustlin place with lots of Korean restaurants and idol shops. Now it seems that most of those have moved away and the place seems kind of depressing. Pity.

Date of experience: August 2015