Licensed Guide Shinjuku Dramatic Tour (Tokyo)

Book in advance
from
C$35.90
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Shin Okubo Korean Town
from C$35.90
More Info
from C$363.55
More Info
1,043 results
All reviews k pop korea town koreatown tokyo phenomenon ingredients
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2024 via mobile

Many people don’t know this but I have become a big fan of Steven Yeun!! I think he’s very good but I feel bad for him because he had very crazy death scenes in the Walking Dead and Nope!! My mom told me to watch Beef on Netflix so I will and hopefully he doesn’t get swallowed by a UFO or beaten by Jeffrey Dean Morgan!! If you haven’t figured out why I’m going on this rant it’s because he was born in Seoul!! I want to go to Seoul and Busan one day but I am broke and plane tickets are a ton of money!! I am in Tokyo and was looking up areas and decided to come here since it is a Koreatown!! I walked around a lot and went to Korean stores and got some apple soda!! It was a good time so you all should come here!!

Date of experience: February 2024
7  Thank Josh D
Reviewed March 31, 2023

On my latest trip to Japan, we stayed near Shin-Okubo, and went there twice, to have a lovely korean bulgogi/bbq. I have been to South Korea a few years ago, and really loved it there. Food wise, one of the things I really loved, was the korean bbq, where you grill your meat on a grill on your table, and then wrap it into a salad leave, and may add some ingredients like kimchi, garlic, gochugang, pickled radish etc. What I loved in South Korea, I found here, and that was great.

Date of experience: March 2023
1  Thank swisstraveller002
Reviewed March 12, 2023 via mobile

Incredible street food, restaurants and boy bands and boy bands and more boy bands - so many boy bands. That’s what it’s all about here.

We ate at Chimcking, which is as much about the K-pop videos playing on every conceivable space (including the bathrooms) as it is about the fried chicken! But for newcomers to the K-pop phenomenon, it was huge fun watching all the teen girls engrossed in the videos rather than anything to do with food.

Highly recommend putting Koreatown on your Tokyo itinerary if you have a day spare.

Date of experience: March 2023
Reviewed September 27, 2020

Close to the Shinjuku area is an exciting change of scenery from the regular Tokyo spots: Shin-Okubo. Tokyo's 'Korean Town' is not just for those obsessed with the pretty faces of the Korean Pop world. Actually, the small but vibrant area in Shin-Okubo boasts a ton of street food, karaoke, markets, restaurants and bars that show off the South Korean vibe and way of life.

Date of experience: October 2019
2  Thank ryanhan7
Reviewed March 4, 2020 via mobile

When you visit there, I recommend you to eat Korean food a near the Donki houte. You must not eat at the shino-Kubo ave because they are so high price. So you had better eat Korean food along the shoku-an ave.

Date of experience: February 2020