“Different and nice”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Yotsuya, Iidabashi
Description: This casual, neighborhood spot is owned by an ex-New Yorker who wanted to introduce real American-style gourmet burgers, upscale comfort food and great cocktails to his Tokyo neighbors. The dining room is simple but stylish - and bright and cheerful at lunchtime - with a six-stool bar area in back and a good selection of blues and R&B on the speakers.
Reviewed November 25, 2017

I don't have hamburgers very often. Here evrything was right, the meal, including a pleasant chocolate brownie with strong enough coffee (not so frequent in Tokyo), the bluesy music, the attentive service. Curious to know who would have vodka with their burgers but beer is also on offer. MD came and went. I don't miss them but I am glad we have this place in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Vincent D

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

I’ve been searching for a great burger since I’ve been in Tokyo and this is the first one that fits the bill. One of the best burgers I’ve had anywhere. Will return every time I’m in Tokyo.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed meeting Martin, the owner. Service was great and we really enjoyed the burgers and their NY Style homemade cheesecake & brownies. It is a bit pricey, but it was worth the experience!!

Date of visit: September 2017
Thank Lori G. M
Reviewed December 12, 2016 via mobile

There's a good selection on the menu. The burgers were juicy and came out just right. Cocktails were very good too. Top that off with Grade A service. I'll definitely be back the next time I'm in Tokyo.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed June 11, 2016

We were sort of excited to try out the place, which looks fancy. Well, fanciness is included in the price. Nearly 2000 Yen for a burger, you have to make it extra good. Which was not the case. I took the burger the owner recommended, "beer burger" (sauce has beer in it apprently). Meat is average and rather dry, the sauce is average also, the bun is OK but with a slight burnt taste.

At another table, people were served some alcoholic beverages by mistake. Would be fun if one of them wasn't pregnant.

There are lots of better options around.

Date of visit: June 2016

Been to Martiniburger? Share your experiences!