“Great fresh sushi ”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Shinjuku
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Really great tasting fresh sushi. The crab soup was delicious with fresh crab. Tempura is not what you order here. Only fresh products are worth it.

Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Very good sushi. Fresh but basic. Long lines. Lots of Japanese tourists as well. There are other small places in the market and I would have liked to try those just for the sake of family run business. Sushi Zanmai felt more chain like.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

This place was rated highly so we made the hike and came in about 3pm; we got seating immediately. The staff was courteous. The Bluefin tuna was the best I have ever tasted and it was seven times cheaper than what I usually pay in Singapore. The Anago (freshwater eel) was good too. But the other sushi we tried (Engawa, Salmon belly, Mackerel and others) were all pretty ordinary. I've tasted better in Tokyo.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

We were staying just round the corner so based on the TripAdvisor recommendations we decided to try it for a quick dinner.

We were seated quickly, ordered the set menus as well as two tempura dishes to share. The staff were courteous and very helpful which made us (speakers of little Japanese) very comfortable.

The sushi itself was certainly better than what we usually experience in the U.K. but it wasn't the best I enjoyed in Tokyo.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

I am not a fish person, but my girlfriend said its good, and quite a long queue during dinner time. Price is reasonable, and they have friendly English speaking staff. Only downside is that it is a bit far from the Shinjuku station, even though it is easy to find.