All reviews free breakfast membership card red light district budget chain hotel great drinking minute walk change lines breakfast selection is budget travellers east shinjuku economy double room love hotels jr station laundry facilities small room heavy luggage washer dryer
Reviewed October 4, 2017

for those who are handicap or disabled, they have rooms dedicated which are double the size... for the same low price!

once U enter the room U will be amazed it is so spacious it is comparable to a four-star-hotel !!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank singlish_sg
Reviewed July 10, 2017

The room is okay and provides free breakfast. But if you bring lots / heavy luggage with you, you will feel a little bit tired when walking from station to the hotel and vice versa. The environment is more complicated, but if you go with your family, I think they won't bother you.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CHENGPITER
Reviewed June 28, 2017

I've stayed at many Toyoko Inns. This time due to last minute plan I could only find availability here. It has always been in my radar but location of the red light district puts me off.
Man, I am really glad to be forced to stay here! And this branch is now one of my favourite!

Below is my observation:
- In red light district but non-threatening and not in the immediate vicinity.
- 5 minutes to Higashi Shinjuku Subway Station (Oedo & Fukutoshin Lines), 10 minutes walk to Shin Okubo JR Station and 12 minutes to Shinjuku JR Station. The walk to the Stations is interesting - Dotted with eateries, hotels, bars and shops. Even a 24h Don Quixote!
- Near to Golden Gai - A great drinking alley. Even though you don't enter, it's still interesting to meander around.
- Very nice room especially upper floors due to slanting window - using blind rather than curtain. Gives the room a more modern feel. My single room Had a Semi Double. So it is pretty big for a single stay.
- Very quiet
- Nice Shinjuku skyline from the window.
- 7Eleven very close by
- Not on main road. Thus, peaceful surroundings
- There was even a Western receptionist.

My only negative comment relates to their breakfast.
- The breakfast selection is smaller than other TI. So imagine how pathetic it can be..
- Some days have OJ. Some days no.
- No grilled fish.. No sandwiches anymore (I saw a photo in TA in 2010). But they do serve Onigiri as well as rice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Meowwww1968
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

Been traveling here for business , and I can say hotel is just perfect . The room so clean!!!! They change lines everyday ! They clean bathroom so good and everything look very tidy ! Room have very fast wifi !
Breakfast very good too .
Location is nice millions if cafe shops and restaurants near by . Just walk few meters 7/11 etc . People on reception was polite and nice . Bed was big and hard and pillow was very comfy! There are so many useful things in the room ! I would give this hotel 4 stars easy ! I got from it all I wanted !

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

We had an awful experience here! We were put in a Smoking room, There may have been something miscommunicated in booking, but the smell of the room was awful, like an ash tray. We stayed 4 nights, The staff were polite and put us in non smoking room for our final night when it became available. The room was small as was expected for the price and being in Japan. The bed was rock hard and pillows were horrid. Breakfast was pretty average. Good location.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple