All reviews top floor public bath small room family mart safe hotel q tips double bedroom perfect location red light district robot restaurant non smoking pocket wifi minute walk train station hotel is located decent hotel shopping area
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

The room was comfortable and staff at reception friendly and hospitable. It is also at a pretty convenient location where there is plenty of food, shopping and sights to see at shinjuku.

However, while it was said to be close to Shinjuku station, it was about a 15 minute walk which could be inconvenient with many pieces of luggage. The rooms are also relatively cramp. I was prepared for small rooms in Japan but when you are barely comfortable with the toilet door closed or when there is hardly any space for your luggage, you wonder how it would be if you travelled with more people.

The wifi speed is also quite slow; I resorted to using my own pocket wifi. Still, the rooms were clean and the staff hospitable whih made it a pleasant stay overall.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
アパホテル新宿歌舞伎町タワー, フロントデスク at APA Hotel Shinjuku Kabukicho Tower, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us.
We are glad to hear that your comment to praise our room and staff.

There is many shops and convenience store around our hotel.
It is very convenient because some shops opens 24 hours.

Also as you said, The room is compact but our room concept is high quality, high function and eco-friendly. It calls new urban style hotel.

We are sorry for inconvenience about Wi-Fi.
We will try to do our best to improvement.

Thank you for valuable comment, and we hope you stay again.

Frontdesk Ishikawa

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

Location was great many eateries nearby Friendly and helpful staffs, they gave me higher floor room as I requested The Onsen, Ice Cube Machine and Microwave on the 28th floor were great Kindly improve the wifi speed because it was very slow and unusable most of the time Also the pillows were very soft. Surely will stay here again on our next Tokyo visit ✌️

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
アパホテル新宿歌舞伎町タワー, Receptionist at APA Hotel Shinjuku Kabukicho Tower, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us.

We are really happy to hear from you.
Our hotel is located close to Shinjuku station and downtown, so you can enjoy whatever you want to do.
As you said, we have a public bath and facilities on a 28th floor for all guests. Especially the public bath, you can use it for free between 15:00 to 11:00, which is through up the night, and you can see a wonderful city view from the bus tub.
However, we are deeply sorry for inconvenient about the connection of internet and the pillow. We will devote our every effort to solve the problem. And also, we have another type of pillow, which is made of feather and we can rent for guests. If you have any opportunities to stay with us again, please try another one.

Thank you very much for your valuable reviews.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Receptionist Narumi. F

Reviewed June 10, 2018

You can't beat the location. Not far from Shinjuku station and smack dab in Shinjuku. A great starting off point to exploring Tokyo.

The rooms are small, but that is standard for Japanese hotels. The rooms are well appointed and very clean.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
アパホテル新宿歌舞伎町タワー, フロント at APA Hotel Shinjuku Kabukicho Tower, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your staying with us.

We are really glad to hear from you.
The location is good as you said, also lot of guest said like this.
It takes 6 min on your foot from Shinjuku station to hotel.

As you said, The room is compact but our room concept is high quality, high function and eco-friendly.
It calls new urban style hotel.

We sincerely appriciate for your time to write this review of us.

Front desk Ai.S

Reviewed June 8, 2018

The selling point of this hotel is that it's relatively well located in Shinjuku - not far from the station (although the station is a maze so if you leave through the wrong exit it'll take you ages). It's right next door to a convenience store and lots of typical Shinjuku madness.
Checking in is quick and easy, and checking out is even quicker (just slip your room card in the machine). Security is tight, too.
The room was comfortable (albeit small) - nice bed, perfectly nice bathroom, amenities like a kettle and hairdryer, etc. And the staff were friendly, which was nice because in big cities like this you can sometimes fail to get the usual super friendly and super attentive customer service Japan is known for.

But I couldn't help feeling it was overpriced because I didn't get everything the hotel offered. Free wifi didn't work at all. I connected to it and then it only half-loaded all the pages, which would have been a nightmare if I'd had essential work to do or communications to make. I was only there for one night so I put up with it, but it would have driven me mad if I'd been there for longer.

They asked me when I checked in if I wanted to pay for access to films on my bedroom television. I said no to this, which turned out to be a good thing. Not only was there nothing to watch on the regular channels (I speak Japanese, but if you don't then there DEFINITELY won't be anything for you), but when I had a look at the stuff I would have been paying for I was glad I hadn't - load of rubbish.

This hotel doesn't go above and beyond for you. It's the bare minimum and not even well priced, so I wouldn't recommend it.
I've stayed in Shinjuku before, and at that time I paid less than half the price of this hotel for an airbnb apartment, which had SO MANY amenities, SO MUCH space, WORKING WIFI, and more. So if you're going to Tokyo, why not try renting a room from a Japanese resident instead of an expensive and disappointing hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
アパホテル新宿歌舞伎町タワー, Reception at APA Hotel Shinjuku Kabukicho Tower, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Thank you for your stay with us and for posting this review.

We would like you to know that our room concept is to make everything accesible while you are laying or sitting on your bed.
This is one of the reasons that our room size is relatively small.
As an APA group, we are working on reducing the CO2 for the sustainable future to come.

We would like to apologise that the Wi-Fi was not working well during your stay.
We have been working on improving the speed of the Wi-Fi since our team sincerely understand and the need of further improvement for the Wi-Fi.

We offer VoD on demand service for our guests to enjoy during their stay.
VoD offers several series of movies which are subtitled in English or dubbing in English.
Furthermore, our TV offers all the accesible cannels you can watch in Japan and BBC news (English) as well.

Our room rate is varied everyday.
As our room gets busier, we raise the price of the room rate.
Therefore, we would like you to understand our room rate concept for the comment you have given us.

We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel's location where it is in the heart of Shinjuku and also that our team could make your check-in process a pleasant one.
Also our guests safety is always our priority, we have a strict security system operating 24/7 in the hotel.

Once again, we sincerely appriciate for your time to write this review of us.
We will take further necessary measures to improve our Wi-Fi to be a better one.

Yours sincerely.

Receptionist R Hasegawa

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Centrally located in the heart of shinjuku with lots of restaurants and shops around, so location wise it’s a 10 . The room itself is not big as one would expect in Tokyo. Not much service provided , housekeeping never left me bottled water and I asked the front desk to phone a restaurant for reservation , they said they couldn’t make the call for us.
Overall , it’s still a value for money hotel if you don’t mind the lack of service .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guests.

Thank you for your staying with us.
We are really glad to hear from you.
The location is good as you said, also lot of guest said like this.
There a lot of place to enjoy around the hotel and you can play until you get exthosted.

As you said, The room is compact, but there are high-quality equipment such as big screen TV, original wide bed called Cloud fit and amenities which are toothbrush and razor.
It makes comfortable for the guest.
The concept is high quality, high function and eco-friendly. It calls new urban style hotel.

We are terribly sorry about housekeeping, we can give you a bottled water per bed when we do ECO cleaning(means no change linens).

Once again, we sincerely appriciate for your time to write this review of us.

Frontdesk Ai.S