All reviews ramen great location akihabara neighborhood japan station
Reviewed May 19, 2017

Great location, beautiful neighborhood, comfy room, yummy food places all around.

I love the location of the hotel, one station away from Akihabara. When you get to Asakusabashi (don't confuse this with Asakusa station) station, use the West exit if you have luggage. There are lefts from the 3rd level which is where the tracks are to the ground level. When you exit at the West gate, turn right, than walk down the street to the third corner then turn left. Walk 2 short blocks then hotel is to your left.

If you take the east exit, go back towards the back of the exit and you will find a 7-11 there. Walk to the second corner then turn right. Walk 2 short blocks more and hotel is to your left.

We took time to explore the neighborhood, and went towards the river which is a couple of blocks away to the left of the east exit, if you're facing East exit. There is a short bridge, and from there you can see houseboats.

There are also lots of good restos all over the area. I was craving for something crunchy after all the ramen we had, and we found a great place serving all kinds of katsu right across the street from the East Exit. We even found an "Origins" resto take out place a couple of blocks away from the hotel. This was a yummy food place we discovered when we stayed in the Imazato District of Osaka. They serve very good kinds of ramen, and have all sorts of food for takeout which is quite common in residential areas in Japan where people don't have time to cook.

The hotel was super ok, and the neighborhood was one begging to be explored. I am already arranging for my next stay at this delightful hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

If you're travelling alone, or on a budget this place is perfect. The room is small, but you're in Japan, of course it's going to be small! Staff are very friendly, the location is great for the train and it's very safe.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

This is a budget hotel, but is quite comfortable, clean enough (we were in a smoking room), and a good location for getting around Tokyo.

Take the Sobu line to-from Akihabara on the green circle line to Asakusabashi which is two blocks from the hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RWQ42
Reviewed February 16, 2016

Room was really nice with all the basics, good view of local area and great air conditioning. Excellent transport links into central Tokyo and only 2 mins walk from the nearest station - very good hotel for the price.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2016

Pros:
Comfortable
Clean
Convenient
Quiet
Staff very polite and helpful
Lots of amenities provided

The staff were very polite and helpful. I had my wireless internet device delivered to this hotel and that was given to me at check in. Once it was raining in the morning, the staff was very kind to lend us an umbrella. The bed, blanket and pillow was very comfortable. They had windows that shuts off noise. The blinds shut out light completely. So i had very good sleep there. The room was very clean and cleaned every day during my visit. The location is quite convenient, it's close to many shops, eateries and 711 and train station. It was also quite easy to take the train to visit many attractions.

Cons:
Small room
Lots of noise early in the morning, but it's ok for me.

The room is very small. Me and my partner can't walk around at the same time. One has to be on the bed at all times. It was okay though because we are slim. But someone with a bigger size might find it uncomfortable. Also, i was woken up in the morning from sounds in the corridor of doors slamming and water pressure sound from pipes from people showering? But it was bearable and i was able to fall asleep again.

Overall I was happy with my stay.

Room Tip: Get a room further away from the escalator.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mxhm E