US$148
  • Restaurant
Via Inn Asakusa(Taito)(Great Value!)
US$55
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

US$56
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

US$145
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

US$212
Palace Japan(Taito)(Great Value!)
US$49
Ryokan
US$244
US$159
Agoda.com
Agora Place Asakusa(Taito)(Great Value!)
US$81
Ryokan
All reviewsbit frustratingoutdoor bathsensoji templeasakusa linetight fitfree bottleefficient hotelsumida riverwalking distancecotton budsrooms are smallten minute walkcomfortable bedfamily martconvenient locationonsenlines
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

I had stayed at an APA hotel previously not too far away and only a couple days ago and it was by far a good experience.
However, what happened today was highly unexpected. Whether it's this certain hotel that is at fault or the one I stayed at was just too good.
First off, check in, a long and unwelcoming process. Far different from my previous on where the staff actually take your luggage and guide you to your room. This one just throws you the key and says the room number. There was also no one around besides myself and the 2 staff members there.
Now the room itself wasn't too bad from the looks of it, but the pamphlets were wet and slimy, as if not cleaned properly.
Now, at this point, I didn't care, however I notice that I was missing my complementary water and decided to call the reception to get one.... What's the number? 7? Tried it, didn't work. Tried again, and again. Ok not that. No 6? But that's the massage, oh well I'll ask them. Well guess what, even they don't know the reception no.
At this point I was really frustrated and decided to go down. This is where everything went down hill.
When I approached the counter I asked if I could get my complementary water. I'm not sure if they misunderstood or plain out lied to me but she said that they didn't have water and I had to go buy it myself. I explained to them that I was here for 3 nights and the paper in my room said so. Handed in my room key and room number, she then asked me in an arrogant tone, what I wanted. At this point the person next to me who was checking in, received their water bottle... Where as I didn't... When I told her, she said that I was only allowed to have one. (Well isn't that obvious) and I said I didn't get one. I don't know if the water is fairy piss but she went and check behind the counter for a good 5 mins then came back and further asked whether I received it in my room. After that I finally received my water from the counter! (So much for not having water)
The amount of disrespect and distrust between staff and customer here is absolutely disgusting!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Ryan N
アパホテル浅草蔵前, reception at APA Hotel Asakusa Kuramae, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am sorry for any inconveniences this might have caused you.
Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience.
We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future
Reception

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

Great hotel for a short stay. Rooms are small as always in major cities business hotels in Japan.

Great location and good breakfast buffet. Checkibg may be challenging as staff possess only limited English skills. Overall, definitely recommend.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
アパホテル浅草蔵前, reception at APA Hotel Asakusa Kuramae, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2017

Dear Michel_1982 ,
Thank you for sharing some great feedback about your recent stay at APAHOTEL Asakusa kuramae. I am thrilled you found our location and breakfast to be great.
I am very sorry for our limited English skills. We will surely keep trying to improve it.
It makes me very happy to read that you would like to recommend us to others.
We hope to see you again sometime in the near future!
Best regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2017

When we went to watch SUMO at national sports hall, we stayed there. As well we went sightseeing to ASAKUSA that is walk distance away. There is a large public bath on the top floor. During staying, you can use it. This is Japanese style public bath. You enjoy it and are very comfortable in it. You can choose buffe that you pay extra fee in the morning.

Room Tip: Upper floor that is large and nice room,however little expensive.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
アパホテル浅草蔵前, Reception at APA Hotel Asakusa Kuramae, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2017

Dear KKOBE,
Thank you for posting about your experience with the APAHOTEL Asakusa Kuramae.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our public bath. Sumida river and Sky-tree can be seen from outside bath. I hope you enjoyed it too.
We look forward to your next stay with us for business and pleasure.
Kindest regards,
Waga
Receptionist ofAPAHOTEL Asakusa Kuramae.

Reviewed January 6, 2017

This is a hotel with a good location if you are wanting to see things in Asakusa area. Also good is the public bath on the top floor, if you are into that, and I am, so it was great as it was clean and free for hotel guests. You are provided robes to use to get to the public bath in, should you choose to use them. The ladies at the front desk speak English fairly well, but the gents don't, so keep that in mind. The breakfast buffet is very Japanese-centric. They will also let you store luggage, but you have to tell them exactly when you will come back. So those are the good things. Now, the bad......So, the rooms are VERY small. It was just me and my wife and we were always in each others way! As soon as you walk in, you have about 2 meters of narrow hallway and the room is 90% bed. Ours was a double or full size. The bathroom was super tiny and as the sink and shower are there, it is impossible for two to be in there at the same time. There is no air conditioning at this hotel, so had to sleep with the window open. The front desk seemed always to be so busy and as the lobby is small, people upon people waiting and waiting. Maybe it was the times, but is was a bit frustrating. Also, you must check out EXACTLY at your check out time as they WILL charge you if you are late. Final comments, this is a typical Japanese-style hotel. Very clean and very small. I knew it would be so no surprise. I would recommend this hotel for the price and for the location if you want to be in Asakusa area. Subway is very close by and many places to shop and eat both of Japanese and Western cuisines. This hotel is right by the river!. So again, Recommended for those in the know!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterW88888
アパホテル浅草蔵前, Recption at APA Hotel Asakusa Kuramae, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2017

Dear PeterW88888,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a fair and honest review about APAHOTEL Asakusa kuramae.
I am thrilled you enjoyed our public bath and breakfast. The public bath has a effect to get your tiredness away. I am very happy if the public bath helped you to have a good sleep.
I think it is totally understandable you found the rooms to be too small. Although it is difficult for us to rebuilt our hotel immediately, we will keep trying to find the way to make a nice and cozy room with our hospitality.
Also, I am very sorry for inconvenience of the air-conditioner. In winter, all air-conditioners are set to make your room hot. So, you can change degree but ca not switch to cool.
I am absolutely thrilled that you would recommend us to others!
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again during your next stay in Tokyo.

Reviewed October 31, 2016

easy access to the train stations, both Metro and JR lines. Rooms are small so if you are a big person it might be a challenge esp on the bathroom. Dont expect nice views from the windows, they are there only for ventilation.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xyberdoc
アパホテル浅草蔵前, Reception at APA Hotel Asakusa Kuramae, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Dear WXyberdoc,
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at APAHOTEL Asakusa Kuramae.
We are very happy if our location could help you enjoy traveling around Tokyo.
We have a public bath on 12th floor and we guess it would be a nice choice for some guests to use it. Also, from an outside bath, you can enjoy the view of Sumida river and sky-tree.
If you would like a room with a wide window and sky-tree view, please book a "view room" next time. We are sure you would like it.
We look forward to hosting you again soon and to sharing another amazing experience with you! Have lovely days.