“Cosy efficient hotel ”

APA Hotel Asakusa Kuramae
Ranked #43 of 122 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely onsen with outdoor views of the river to relax in
Tokyo is very hot and dry in July
A long dip in onsen was a great finish to the day
Opens till 1am
Centrally situated for tokyo metro stations
Very convenient to walk

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for APA Hotel Asakusa Kuramae

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We had worst experience after the first step to the hotel. We booked 4 rooms and confirmed non smoking rooms hotel gave us all smoking rooms. How can we slept in the smoking rooms we asked for room changed hotel was denied said hotel was full. Receptionist didn't care how we felt. We arrived quite late and other hotels around that all full. We had to stay. On the other day we asked for room changed again they still not allowed us to change. Finally they agreed to refund one night room charge. Worst experience I ever had in my travel life.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Near subway small rooms but breakfast was excellent. I enjoyed staying in this hotel because everywhere is within walking distance and for a reasonable price compare to other hotels in Tokyo. Recommend for solo traveler.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Comfy hotel next to the kurame station and the asakusa line. The hotel is also at a walking distance from Senso Ji Shrine.
There is a 7-11 supermarket right next to the hotel.

Clean and an easy 4 star standards.

Staff are helpful but needs to upskill their English language skills like other hotels.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel last month. Overall, everything was great and exceed my expectation. Located in nearby subway stations Oedo line, Ginza lines and Asakusa line which provides direct access from and to Narita International Airport. From Asakusa line, exit A2b then take elevator to go up and make left and keep walking straight. The hotel will be on your right hand side. 7-Eleven is right across the street, Family Mart and mini market are very close by. The only thing we didn't like about the room was bad Air Conditioning. We had to open window at night. Staff was friendly and housekeeping always provide guest supplies although we requested no service. I would recommend APA Hotel brand and will definitely stay again next time I'm in Japan.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
アパホテル浅草蔵前, Front Desk at APA Hotel Asakusa Kuramae, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Tilney V,
Thank you for taking the time to post in regards to your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased to read that you found our location good to access. I am delighted that the staff made such an impression on you
However, I regret the problems about air conditioning you encountered during your experience.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again during your next stay in Tokyo.
Kindest regards,
Front Desk: Waga

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I'm currently spending my last night in this hotel and I'm not sure what the bad reviews are all about!?
The room is a little smaller than hotels in other countries but you only sleep in it, right? And it it's the same with all Japanese hotels, not just this one! The bed is comfy, the pillows are a little flat but i think that may be a Japanese thing as they were the same in the previous hotel i stayed in. Besides, i didn't feel the need to ask for another so they didn't bother me that much, haha! We had the view of a wall but again, we only sleep and wash here, so what's the big deal?
The room is very clean and so is the bathroom. The shower and bath are very nice. There's plenty of toiletries, lots of shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Towels, hand towels, toothbrushes, sponges, cotton buds, shower caps, hair bands and brushes are given whenever you need new ones.
I like that if you agree not to have your bed sheets changed every day then you get free bottled water, who needs clean sheets every day? Good for the environment and saves me money buying bottled water while sightseeing!
Every day youre given two tea bags, two coffee packs, two packs of powdered milk, sugar, spoons and cups to make tea. There's a kettle and fridge in your room and also some sort of dehumidifier thing.
We didn't eat breakfast or dinner at the hotel so we can't comment but it did smell good in the mornings.
We didn't have a lot to do with the staff but the times we have done, they've been very polite. When we arrived it was chucking it down with rain and we were drenched. Before checking us in, the lady got us towels to dry our hair and faces which was very kind. The cleaners are all very polite too.
The hotel is very close to senso-ji temple, about a ten minute walk. There's a 7/11 opposite and just down the road is the bandai head office with the character statues outside which is pretty cool! There's plenty of restaurants and little shops near by too. The stations are close by as well.
The only reason I'm not giving this hotel five stars is because i was unable to try out the hot spa because of my tattoos. This isn't a thing exclusively to this hotel of course, it's just the Japanese culture however i did find it disappointing.
I think the bad reviews are from people paying for a three star hotel and expecting a five star hotel! This hotel is very nice, comfy and clean and i would recommend staying here! :)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Lauren E,
I can never thank enough for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us!
I would not be happier if we could help you enjoy sightseeing around Asakusa.
Also, I really appreciate your understanding for our room cleaning and thought for environment.
However, I am very sorry you could not use our public bath. Personally, I think people with tattoos should be allowed to use the bath room as other people. But, there is still culture lived in some people who think tattoos are for scary people. I hope it will be changing.

I can not wait to welcome you back soon.
You can try breakfast next time!
Front desk: Waga

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Room:
Very small but typical of Tokyo. Very clean. Complete toiletries. If you're a large person, it will be a tight fit. Specially if you have 2 medium sizes luggages.

The bed and pillows, though, were the worst. Too soft. Killed my roommates back and neck. Imagine having to sleep (or lack thereof) there for 5 nights. It was excruciating. Specially after very long walks during the day seeing Tokyo.

The staff was aware about the bed situation. They "solved" it by turning it over. It was slightly better but still no good.

Location:
Very good. Close to multiple subway lines, Sensoji Temple, Skytree and quite a bit of good eats. Take the Skyaccess from Narita. No need to transfer. Asakusa is far from the center of Tokyo but the train system is very efficient so it was easy to go around still. Oh, and this area is pretty quiet so some people may like that.

Service:
Average for Japanese standards. They were polite. We had a feeling that we would have gotten better service if we were Japanese. This may have been a function of limited English.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators and with a window that opens.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family