“Fabulous Thai food as always.”
Review of The Bakehouse

The Bakehouse
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Castle Cary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We visited The Bakehouse again last Saturday. They have a small menu which is great as it doesn't overpower you. There are meat, seafood and veggie choices. Quite a few items can be had in mild/medium or spicy to cater to different tastes. The service is always superb. The restaurant is wonderfully presented and clean. Not the cheapest place you will eat, but fantastic value for money as the food is just outstanding. The starter selection plate is a great way to taste a few different things too. Highly recommended restaurant.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Come all the way from Dorset for the food and the service here. Absolutely lovely welcoming staff and fantastic food. This place is well worth a regular visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Went in for lunch on my own, greeted by a lovely young smiling lady who took my drink and food order quickly. Went for a nice cup of freshly brewed green tea and the Thai green curry with chicken. It's asks you medium or hot which is nice and meaning cooked fresh each time to order. All to often I am let down by the heat level,definitely not in this occasion! Very spicy and it was truly delicious
I didn't try any of the cakes (that looked amazing!) in the glass cabinet but plenty of people were arriving to have some.
A gentleman (owner I'm guessing) led the front of house and merrily chatted to customers making sure everything was just right. Nice atmosphere and would certainly recommend and will be back next time I'm passing through.
Thanks to the team at The Bakehouse.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stopped in Castle Cary on a very wet day and managed to park right outside the Bakehouse which was the reason we called in, but thankfully we were not disappointed ! We had missed lunch and they closed at 3.30 but kindly offered us their breakfast muffins as an option which we accepted. Served with lovely salad and a slice of hot buttery toast and a pot of fresh tea it was delicious. The cakes were too tempting to miss and home made treacle tart with ice cream finished it off perfectly. Would be lovely to re-visit and try out the Thai menu and sample the lovely garden and if we're in the area again will most certainly call in.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Well, I had to visit the restaurant with such high ratings as my wife is vey fussy. Not for her is the acclaimed microwave chef.
All joking aside, the food here is superb! Great menu and very authentic and best Thai food I have had in this country by far. The duck dishes were amazing! As was the assortment of finger food as a starter. Service was also brilliant.
It is pricey but this is not a "hungry Horse' or that horrible Wagtail. This is quality fresh food and. is worth paying for. As rare as the 'snow leopard '
Give the bake house a try, you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank KBeardsley