See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 6, 2017

My wife and I chose to stay at Guesthouse Shinagawa-shuku during New Year 16/17 after Air BnB'ing our way around in private apartments during our honeymoon. We thought it'd be better to meet people to share the celebrations with, and we were glad to have found that we made a great choice on arrival!

All the staff are wonderful, friendly people - including the owner, Taka - and made us feel comfortable and welcome. It's testament to how friendly the place is that local business owners often pop in for tea and they have great knowledge of the local community and history of Shinagawa. We even went to shrine with them to ring in the New Year, and they were very patient in showing us how best to do so!

We stayed in a twin tatami room which was big enough for all our luggage, and the beds themselves provided a good nights sleep. The accommodation itself is fairly simple but decent for the budget and clean, and it was a good place to collapse after a hard days touristing around Tokyo.

If we were lucky enough to return we'd definitely book another stay in with them. Thanks tons for a lively end to a wonderful trip!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2016

Stayed in a single room which costs pretty much the same as a dorm in toyko. The place is not new or flashy but it's definitely great value for money and the staff are excellent. There's not much to do in the local area, but it's great access from narita airport from the JR Nex and if you are getting a shinkansen (like me) to go further from tokyo it's perfect. Would stay again

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2016

It's located within an acceptable walking distance from the train station. People should be aware that they may have to wait for a long time in the morning rush hours to cross the railway crossing. It's the "品川第一踏切" (Shinagawa No.1 Level crossing) that is famous for having a longest waiting time in Tokyo. In one morning, I have waited for about 20 minutes as there are severe delay occurring the main track.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms in the basement if possible
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Wai Hong L
Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

A perfect place to stay, with a young decor and a perfect conditions with a clean spaces. It's easy to find this guest house and all the staff help you with all the information. You can have a relax night.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2016

The guest house is a 10 minute walk for the main JR station & a 3 minute walk from the metro station. Situated in a very good neighborhood.

The single room is perfect, compact with just enough space. No TV. Just a heater/cooler depending on the weather. The place has some basic rules to follow which was great. All kitchen convenience items like mini refrigerator & microwave are on all floors. The bathroom is absolutely clean.

The staff is very friendly, helpful yet non intrusive. I had couriered my suitcase to the guest house and they kindly accepted it on my behalf. That was very sweet of them.

A convenience store is just next door for any emergency purchases. I once had the lady of the guest house help me with shortlisting something I wanted to buy.

Would one hundred percent recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: The higher the floor level the lesser the noise. (However, not much noise actually)
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo