All reviews meguro station would stay here again small bathroom breakfast buffet bed was comfortable the air conditioning short stay narita airport tokyo pros fridge toiletries district
Reviewed March 20, 2018

The property was well taken care of, the staff was nice, and the morning buffet breakfast was modest but satisfying. This hotel is not luxurious in any way, but if you are looking for affordable, convenient and clean lodging it's a good choice.

The best attraction is the location, just a couple blocks walk from the Meguro subway station. It was a pretty easy trip to/from the Narita airport, as well as the rest of the city.

The biggest drawback is that the rooms are extremely small, and it was always a bit of a Tetris game juggling the two of us plus our baggage into the room. If you are carrying much in the way of electronics with you, you may want to bring a power strip. I needed one -- and that gave me a great excuse to visit Akihabara -- the "Electric Town" district.

The breakfast buffet was plain but acceptable. I enjoyed having an authentic breakfast in the mornings -- miso, eggs, and rice. There was a fish as well -- possibly mackerel -- that was a bit strong for my liking. In addition to tea, there was an automatic espresso machine so I could have my morning coffee.

The staff was very helpful when we needed it. I asked for assistance with tickets to attend Robot Restaurant, and the desk person called and made a reservation for us.

If I was traveling alone on business, I think this hotel would be an ideal choice. If I'm traveling again with my partner, I may prefer something a little larger next time.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2018

It is nice to stay in a charming place which has some character. The bathroom was well provided with toiletries but the towels were very small. There was a kettle and teabags in the room, as well as water in the fridge. The bed was comfortable and clean. However, the room was excessively hot and you cannot open the windows. You can turn off the aircon, but you can't change the temperature, so it was horribly hot. Staff were polite and efficient. I would stay here again if something could be done to make it cooler.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2017

I don't like here, coz very small room and expensive.
It would be fine if only sleeping.But I think that cost performance is too bad.

私は1泊ツイン7000円利用でしたが非常に部屋が狭く感じ、昔のビジネスホテルのようなインテリア、清潔感と感じました。オシャレもセンスもなにもない。

でもオススメはしません。お金の無駄使い・・・
駅チカなのは良かったです。

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2017

We stayed at the Princess Garden twice, at the beginning and end of our holiday. The staff on arrival were not friendly or helpful. We were exhausted but not allowed in our room a minute before the 3.00pm check in. Our room was small and very dated. The air conditioning didn't work and our room was too hot. We had to get staff to unlock the window. Hotel really convenient for Meguro station. Most of the staff on our second stay of 4 nights were more friendly. Room was very clean with plenty of toiletries, slippers etc

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pasalmon
Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

It's been a while since I have been in a hotel where room doors had keys which you deposit at reception. But despite looking and feeling old, it's clean and well kept. Room size is typical of Japanese hotels and the bathroom is tiny, but everything works.

The breakfast buffet is basic and was the same everyday for the five days we were there. The reception staff do speak adequate English and were very helpful.

It's a basic hotel and great if you are on a budget and not too fussy.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple