US$142
US$142
US$88
Trip.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$112
US$82
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$96/night.

Hotel Sunroute Shinagawa Seaside(Shinagawa)
US$105
US$66
Agoda.com
Ryokan
FLEXSTAY INN Shinagawa(Shinagawa)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$49
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$57/night.

US$86
US$208
Trip.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$234/night.

All reviewsfree coffeean art gallerytop bunklarge spacethird flooryour luggagecentral tokyotrain stationhosteldormbedsmcdonaldslaptopnoisefacilitieslinesshibuya
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here during our stay in Tokyo and honestly, it was great. The staff are very friendly and kind and the location is great if you don't want to stay bang in the centre of Tokyo.

HOWEVER, if you pay extra (like we did), for a private room, you shouldn't expect anything other than bunk beds literally separated from the rooms either side with a piece of wood, allowing you to hear everything and I mean EVERYTHING that people are doing on the whole floor (sadly not an exaggeration).

During our stay, a guest in the room next to us was incredibly ill and we asked to move because his coughing was keeping us awake. The staff were deeply apologetic and moved us with absolutely no fuss.

I'd recommend this hostel to everyone and their brother - just don't waste your money on the 'private' rooms!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Contemporary & Art style of hostel in Shinagawa(from haneda by keikyu), it takes 6mins from Shinagawa to Samezu station(keikyu honsen) and then to ARTnShelter only 2 mins on foot.
The staff are friendly and helpful who can speak English and Japanese . I really recommended who is young to stay here.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank famare
Reviewed April 8, 2017

I really, really wanted to like this place but unfortunately it just left me underwhelmed. After staying here I read through some of the other reviews and was left thinking 'what the hell?'. Firstly, lets start with the negatives...I (and 2 others I was with) booked to stay in an 8 bed mixed dorm and this was definately not the case as we were put into one very large space ( which was the entire floor) with more than 10 beds and seperate rooms attached. Not quite sure how we can be charged more than if we were to stay in a '10 bed mixed dorm' which is exactly the same space??

Nothing, including the 'rooms' actually have walls that go to the ceiling so there is no blocking of any noise. The walls are all some sort of thin ply wood as well. Some beds in the same space were almost double the width so I'm not sure how some people managed to get those? If you are lucky enough to have a top bunk like myself then prepare to feel every movement of people getting up and down around you. You may also get an airconditioner ( I think) literally 1 metre above your head whirring and rumbling while you try to get to sleep.

Some reviews talked about helpful staff... this was not the case with our stay. There was only one male staff member that said hello or smiled the whole time (we stayed 5 nights). It was hard to tell if others even worked there. One staff member never smiled, looked bothered if you asked him a question and seemed to be playing the xbox everytime we saw him. We were not told anything about this apparent 'pocket WiFi ' you could buy. We were told nothing about the rail system and how it works with cost, we were given no advice on what to do...we were told nothing helpful. We didn't know about the function area that apparantly allowed internationals to mingle...we didnt see this at all the entire time we were there.

Positives: The beds are wider than the normal hostel bed which is nice. The showers are probably the best I've ever experienced in a hostel. There are lockers available for use that fit your personal belongings (not your luggage though... that has to may be left out). Free WiFi, free coffee ( if you drink it) and powerpoints in bed nooks. It mostly tended to be quiet whilst we stayed there but that was due to considerate travellers. If you get inconsiderate ones then you will have a bad time.

Overall...it has a quirky vibe and I can see what its going for but need to make some improvements.

Room Tip: Make sure you have ear plugs!!!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank charlieroyal90
Reviewed April 2, 2017

This was by far one of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at. I stayed at the Art N Shelter for 6 nights. The concept of combining an art space and a hostel with a modern feel is genius! They feature work of local artists in the gallery on the first floor and also host functions in the large space where you can mingle with other guests. The hostel is located near the Samezu train station (4 stops from the central Shinagawa Station on the Keikyu Line) therefore it is easy to access when coming/going to/from the airport or just transferring lines to visit Shibuya, Harajuku or Shinjuku (Yamanote Line). The train fee from Shinagawa to Samezu is only 140¥. The hostels can also provide you with a pocket wifi (400¥ per day) which was vital for me in order to survive the crazy mesh work of train lines that are in Tokyo and to get to places I wanted to visit in Tokyo. When in the hostel there is free wifi. Extra things that can be provided at only 100¥ are toothbrushes, towels, slippers, etc (100¥) and also free coffee and umbrellas (if needed). The hostel is located near a supermarket, 24hr Family Mart, 24hr McDonalds, coin laundry, barbershop and small restaurants that only open at specific times. On the first floor there is a bar, art gallery, reception, smoking area and a study area where you can hook up your laptop. The second floor is an all girl dormitory and the third floor is a mixed dormitory. The hostel is well kept and is managed well by the staff. The beds were large enough (I am 6 foot 3) so I was relieved to get a good nights sleep. The doors are card access (don't leave the dorm without it - especially if spending a late night out). The staff were so friendly to me and made me feel so welcome. Thank you very much Kohei, Carson, Teppei, Isaac and Atsuko! I will definitely return. Highly recommend if you're travelling alone or on a budget!

Room Tip: Take ear plugs if you are a light sleeper just in case you get bothered easily by noise from co-inhabitants.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank BillWaqalevu
Reviewed March 20, 2017 via mobile

Few station away from Shinagawa. Very friendly & helpful staff. Bathroom and rooms are very clean compare to other hostels. Linen is freshly washed. Nice atmosphere & international that was best. Very comfy mattresses and big enough :) Had a great time there.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo