All reviews main building beautiful hotel infinity pool sea view night manager direct access to the sea star hotel small bay buffet breakfast spent nights tapas sea front mallorca natura annex luxury relaxation
Reviewed August 17, 2018

We decided to head off for a romantic break and wanted to stay near Palma but on the water. The hotel is perfect if you like peace and quiet and the beautiful clear water less than a minute from your hotel room. It was perfect for a romantic trip without the kids and i would highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast on the hotel balcony was bliss with a fantastic view of the infinity pool and ocean. Water is a perfect temperature and diving off the pier was just the best way to start every day.

Room Tip: Ask for the water view as the view is magnificent!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Veronique T, Director General at Hospes Maricel Mallorca & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to read such a nice comment! We really appreciate you take the time to share you experience with other travellers, and give us the opportunity to thank you again for having chosen Hospes Maricel & Spa during your stay in Palma de Mallorca.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

What a thoroughly delightful stay - this is a top quality hotel in a wonderfully quiet but convenient location. It was the perfect spot for a four day mini break to re-charge and I'd definitely recommend !

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we all look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed July 24, 2018

We had a wonderful stay at Hotel Hospes Maricel with a special event. In June 2018, we celebrated our wedding in this magical place. It was a perfect day. The support provided by the event team was outstanding and highly professional, the location just great, the food delicious and the atmosphere unique. The overnight stay in the suite just outstanding - thanks for the upgrade. We can recommend the Hotel Hospes Maricel as a top location for special events. Many thanks to the entire team of Maricel, especially to Andrea and Christina. You are the best!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Veronique T, Director General at Hospes Maricel Mallorca & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Mrs. Eisenring,

Thank you so much for choosing Hospes Maricel for your wedding.
We know this is a unique occasion, and we are honored to have been part of this beautiful and so elegant event.
I shall pass on your comment to the team.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your opinion.

We will be very pleased to welcome you for an other Hospes Experience.

Kind regards,

Hospes Maricel & Spa

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Maricel offers an outstanding view of the azure waters of Mallorca. Nice infinity pool. Unfortunately the service at this beautiful spot misses the mark. Waiters are inattentive, abrupt and make you feel as if your a bother to them. The front desk check-in process is long and laborious. One exception- the pool staff is exceptional. It’s clear to me that management should provide their staff with client services training. Again- great view- they need some help on the service side.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear guest,

First of all, I am writing to introduce myself as General Manager of Hospes Maricel. I would like to thank you for choosing Hospes Maricel during your stay in Palma de Mallorca.

Your constructive feedback is very important for us, and I assure you that your satisfaction is our priority.

I apologize for the incidences you experienced with the restaurant service. We know the importance of the staff training, and we are providing training on a yearly basis.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you personally next time.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

I’ve given the Maricel 5 stars because it deserves it, however firstly I’ll quickly mention the few things I didn’t like.

I stayed in the Natura 2 building. It’s a short schlep from the pool/restaurant etc, but only about 3 minutes schlep, so I’m not sure why so many people have complained about it. And anyway, it’s well worth admiring the incredibly beautiful underpass.

So, the things in that room that I didn’t like: No bath, was slightly disappointing but no real hardship. No full length mirror ... come on guys, us ladies need to see if our shoes match the outfit. No proper table on the terrace for in-house al fresco dining (although we did move the one from the bedroom out there). Lastly, and most annoyingly, the “bubbles” in the zen pool from 10 until 3 every day, was actually just a ripple, coupled with a high pitched squealing noise ... but I guess that always got us out the room! Yes the zen pool was cold, but actually it was a lovely way to cool your body temperature down after a long, hard day sunning yourself.

Now for the rest of it ...

The second, more modern building, is beautifully done and looks and feels more like a spa. The underpass, as I’ve already mentioned, is stunning. I also like having a covered terrace to sit out on, which the main building doesn’t seem to offer. The main colonial seafront building is incredible. I’d just love to go back in time and see all the beautiful people who must have frequented this place in years gone by. It’s been beautifully renovated.

I don’t know if I just got lucky but the pool area was never full, the pool beds are super comfy, the pool temperature was perfect and having access to the sea was just the icing on the cake.

The main restaurant, with its beautiful setting was lovely, if a little too fussy for me. The arch bar with its light menus and snacks and in an equally beautiful setting, was perfect.

The staff, from the gorgeous, smiley pool girl, to the waiters and waitresses and the reception staff were a credit to this hotel. I honestly can’t credit them high enough.

I will definitely come back and I’m looking forward to it already.

Thank you Hotel Maricel, for an incredible 6 days/nights.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Veronique T, General Manager at Hospes Maricel Mallorca & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear guest,

We are delighted to read that you appreciated so much your stay at Hospes Maricel! We also thank you very much for your enthusiastic and detailed comment about our service and facilities.
One of our priorities is making our guest feeling like they were at home, taking care of all the details in order to garantee confort and relax.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in Hospes Maricel.

Kind regards,