“Beautiful Hotel,Beautiful town.” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ireland
“Beautiful Hotel,Beautiful town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed here last year after winning a 2 night stay in the 12 suite with breakfast and evening meal. Staff were fantastic, friendly and very helpful. Hotel is located in a beautiful little town close to galway. The food at this hotel is top notch, from an in house bakery to gastro pub grub to fine dining. Cant wait to go back to the twelve.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank iCorkman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed at the twelve for 3 night for work. The rooms was great, the food was amazing and the location was great, its close to Galway and has free parking. The staff at the Twelve are amazing, so helpful and really accomodating!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank puddle7soup
thepins12, Owner at The Twelve Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
It is great to see how much you enjoyed your stay in our lovely little location outside of Galway city. May I thank you specially for the praise you have given to our team members who love what they do. I am very proud of them, so once again, thank you.
Mullingar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Had a antastic time in The Twelve on Saturday night. It was my birthday and we wanted to bring the dog with us. On arrival the staff were very friendly, because we brought the dog, €35 extra, we received a suite. Not much of a view but the suite itself was lovely and bright with a living room and mini bar. Attention to detail was excellent. There was a card addressed to us welcoming us and the dog and also a happy birthday message from, what I presume was the manager. They also supplied us with a doggy bag which was addressed to the dog and had a toy and treats inside. They also had a plate with Chocolate Strawberries and two cakes with Happy Birthday written on the plate in Chocolate. If you are bringing your dog one piece of advice. Do not give the dog the treats that are supplied. The colouring made ours very sick the next day.

The food was fantastic in the restuarant and there was an excellent buzz about the place. Nice treat when the staff brought out candles and were not insulted when I asked them not to sing happy birthday.

All in all I am looking forward to going back to this Hotel again for the hospitality, food and the convenience of bringing the dog.

Room Tip: When bringing your pet you get a suite.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James L
Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

My girlfriend and I just spent a weekend at The Twelve Hotel in Barna. We had booked "the gourmet escape". 139€ pps for two nights with dinner at the west restaurant. Great value, and absolutely worth every single euro.

The first thing that met us was a big, free car park, a very positive twist, and made everything easy from the beginning. In the reception we were met by a friendly girl that walked us through the check-in process, and told us all the information we needed to know.

When we entered our room, we found a personal, hand-written welcome card. That added to the feeling of the warm and welcoming atmosphere.

The room were spacious, with a big flat screen tv and a comfortable double bed. The bathroom was the most impressive part. Very classy interior with a bathtub and shower. Perfect for complete relaxation in the afternoon. My girlfriend was especially impressed by the shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in the shower, and the soap and body lotion by the sink. They were all seaweed products from Voya, and we ended up buying some back home.

Apart fom that, the room was equipped with everything one could ask for. Even a coffee maker, which was a really nice touch.

The location is a bit outside Galway, in a small village. Although close enough, it was not within walking distance without that causing any problems. We would definitely go back here on another occasion.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Fitznicely
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel on 3 occassions and have never left disappointed. We will return. Excellent, attentive staff, comfortable rooms and beautiful food.

I didn't give the Hotel a "5" because of the prices of some of the draught beers. eg if i remember right the Galway Hooker Ale is around €5.30. A reality check is required in this regard. Its a local ale, so why so expensive?

Other than this i would highly recommend this hotel to anybody. Excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Denis H
thepins12, Owner at The Twelve Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Denis H.,
Just a brief note to Thank You Both so very much for your kind words. I want to specially thank you for your loyalty. The fact that you have stayed with us 3 times now speaks volumes.

I hope that you won't mind if I seize this opportunity to.do a little PR. The Pins bar is always buzzing due to the mixture of our guests and chatty locals. It is the village pup and it is this special situation which makes The Twelve unique for our hotel guests. Because we are 'the village pub', we only charge €3.80for a pint of 'the black stuff'. This has to be one of the lowest prices in Ireland for hotel guests. But on top of this, our huge range of spirits, (eg.19 different vodkas), 500 plus wines and pages of cocktails are all below prices found elsewhere.

We have 12 draught beers on tap. Galway Hooker is a terrific beer and it is local. We are honoured to be able to serve it as it is only available in select places due to it's limited production. It costs so much more to make and It is pricey compared to 'industrial' beers, but it is worth it. We actually make very little gp on it but we would rather promote it than not have it. I hope this explains and I encourage everyone reading this to make sure to have a pint of this terrific hand made beer from Galway. I hope you did not mind me going on a little.... Very best wishes and looking forward to seeing you both again soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We enjoyed ourselves at The Twelve. I like the charm of boutique hotels and The Twelve also has a uniqueness. All the staff is very kind and helpful and any request for the room was taken care of swiftly. I would definitely stay here again.

The only reason I couldn't give it a perfect score was because in an email they had promised a special treat for my husband on his birthday but didn't follow through until I reminded them the day after his birthday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dear Toochy,
Thank you for taking the time to rate The Twelve so highly. We greatly appreciate your kind words. I really hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again and the opportunity of truly exceeding all of your expectations.
Very best wishes to you both,
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times; friends wedding, random nights away etc. I have also dined in the bistro and the West on a number of occasions. Each time, I promise to come back more often. The welcome from when you walk in the door is second to none; warm, friendly and efficient.

The also now welcome dogs which in my mind, makes them the very best!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you are able. Through no fault of my own, I've only stayed in suites in th...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barna
7.5 km away
Glenlo Abbey Hotel
Glenlo Abbey Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bushypark
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,058 reviews

Been to The Twelve Hotel? Share your experiences!