“Enjoyed the meal - will definitely return”
Review of Prince of Bengal

Prince of Bengal
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Tonypandy
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 March 2017

We live out of the area, but find ourselves in Tonypandy from time to time. We have tried most of the restaurants in the area. This one was recommended to us by someone that lives in the area, so we gave it a go.

Firstly, the outside of the building is beautiful - a converted church.

We were welcomed by a very polite / pleasant lady who showed us to a table. The service was excellent and was very attentive.

The menu itself was quite varied and very well priced. I ordered the stuffed chicken with madras sauce and it was lovely. The Keema nan tasted really fresh and had loads of meat in it too!

The Chef Owner came out to talk to us at the end of the meal - he was really pleased that people from out of the area had come to his restaurant.

The meal for 2 main courses, 2 pilau rice, a keema nan, a lemonade and a water (I was driving!) came to only £28... we're used to paying City prices! We will go back next time to try the Murghi!!

kamrul i, Owner at Prince of Bengal, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Only one line from me, I thank you both, people like you make this country great.
"Great Britain"
Tahnk you
Kind regards

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

There are a lot of Indian takeaways in the Rhondda but I always use Prince of Bengal. The food is always nice and value for money.

1  Thank Matthew G
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

After ordering the meal it came within 20 minutes even though the restaurant was busy then someone disrupted our meal by having a go at the staff there I can't believe that the other customer has the odacity to have a go at the chef "saying" the main meal meat was rubbery when I was told by the manager that all the meat was cooked the same so how come they didn't complain about the starter meal then WATCH OUT OTHER RESTAURANTS THEY ARE GOING ROUND ALL OF THEM IN THE RHONDDA VALLEYS AND SAYING THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE MEAL WHEN THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT SO THEY GET OUT OF NOT PAYING FOR THEIR MEAL IM SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT DOING IT TO HONEST PEOPLE TRYING TO EARN A LIVING

sorry rant over I would recommend this restaurant 100% I keep going every week and will do so from now on

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Our first visit for a long time, and we had a lovely welcome. The restaurant was quiet, which was unusual in our experience. The service was excellent, and the choice of dishes on the menu is amazing. My friend had the beef Balti which was lovely. My chicken dish was fine, not the best I've had but certainly very tasty. The side dishes were lovely and the chips were delicious. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here recently. Took kids there and they really enjoyed trying some different meals and everything we had was to a really good standard.

Not much atmosphere here to be honest - its a very big room and it's much better suited to a small party of people or a small group like us, but overall a really lovely night.
Staff were pleasant and attentive and service was excellent.
Would definitely go again