All reviews animation team pizza pool bar visit alanya week stay lovely clean hotel main pool pirate ship a lovely holiday lira pools slides language murat cleaners spirits
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

me and my wife and daughters family went here in July the staff are all very friendly cant do enough for you i am British and had no problem with the food it was first class they try to cater for all nationality's. the rooms very clean overall the hotel is very very clean and a very friendly welcome by all the staff. I have read some of the reviews and don't think they are fair overall the hotel caters for adults as well children. it has 2 swimming pools a large one for family's and a smaller one for adults and smaller children, overall I would recommend the hotel for anyone

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Appalling holiday and we flew home after 3 days at our own cost, it was so bad. The atmosphere towards us as a british family was appalling by both staff and guests. We were ignored in the restaurant and passed over at reception - even the children were blanked whilst waiting in queues for food. The food was bland to say the least and hygiene a worry with spilt food added back to the tray daily by chefs. Coffee machine at both pools did not look like it had been cleaned in some time. The beach does not reflect the description or hotel pictures and is simply a strip of sand between the sea and the estuary with room, if you chose, to put a single row of beds. You pass all the other hotels' designated areas before you get to your allocated piece. Don't waste your time. It was dirty and the beach bar was fit for the beach it served. food was just nuggets, burger and chips and looked appalling but we did not try. Pool food was manageable for the 3 days we were there - could not imagine 2 weeks of it. We could find no Jacuzzi although to be fair it may exist but no one would tell us where it was and just simply shrugged shoulders. Drinks clearly watered down which made their weak just palatable beer the only real drink of choice. Billiards room a joke and not at all as pictured. One table in a dark room with no balls or queues. If the staff were bilingual they hid their English well (save for one guy at reception who was in fact quite helpful when he was on). Perhaps they were bilingual and it was a simple tactic to be able to shrug and move on to the next guest. Hotel does not cater for british guests. We were the ONLY british guests and in the 2 weeks we were booked to stay I was told no british were due in. The room we had was tiny and 2 extra beds squashed in. the balcony had one small table and two chairs so was clearly only a room for 2. There bedding consisted of a rough quilt cover which for the double bed was not big enough to cover 2 people. I was given another when I asked the cleaner but then the next day after cleaning it disappeared and we had to ask again - I gave up on the 3rd morning. The guests were predominantly Russian and my experience of them was that they were rude, aggressive, ignorant, demanding, loud and intimidating. Despite their behaviour the hotel clearly catered for them and the reception guy did say to me that the "Russians love this part of Alanya and they always come here". I have never left feedback on a holiday before and felt I had to this time.

Room Tip: need family room if 4 persons. You would assume this is allocated but clearly not!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank joanne h
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

The Club Mermaid hotel is not big but extremely looked after by their staff. The rooms and other parts of hotel are very tidy which we all were really pleased about. Food wise: very repetitive, vegetables and meat overcooked all the time and small choice of fruits. The day bar and snacks were fine; the entertainment program by the pool was much better to the ones organised in the evening (unless you are russian or polish you would probably be speaking differently!). The evening entertainment quite boring for those who aren’t russians or polish, something we haven’t enjoyed at all. Russians were quite rude, pushing other people during lunch and dinner times, not to mention evenings in the bar area!
Same russians occupy the sunbeds from early morning by leaving their towels which is actually prohibited. In the welcome pack it says not to leave towels on the lounge chairs but russians are clearly ignorant (or blind).
The guys working at the bar extremely friendly and chatty, they really did put a smile on our faces. The reception staff disorganised and always prioritising russian speakers!
And lastly, what we really liked was the two dogs living in the reception area. The dogs looked well and were very calm. It does suggest to us that the hotel is pet friendly ?

The local beach isn’t the best but there is a bar with drinks and some snacks included during certain hours. We would recommend to rent a car and visit Alanya city centre which has Kleopatra beach and there is another one (can’t remember the name) on the other side. If you prefer something with less people there are other sandy beaches nearby just ask locals they know it all! :)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank brasketraske
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is neither bad or good. The location first of all is in the middle of nowhere and the private beach can be visited via the “subway” which a little tractor cart which takes you to the beach. The “private beach” is rows of sun beds on a pebbly beach so we had to take the taxi “40 lira” or bus 5?lira each to a decent beach. We went as a family and the the hotel layout is nice and chilled setting with three pools and water slides. Hotel cleaners were very good came every day and tidied our room aswell as cleaned it which was nice to come back to each day. The hotel itself quite clean but a lot of bird poo on the sunbathing balcony area which isn’t good for kids and I seen it being properly cleaned once in the 9 days we were there. The entertainment round pool very good in the day at night not so good unless you are Russian or German who were extremely rude pushing in for food etc and I even got elbowed on one occasion without even a sorry. I observed the liasing with the Russians and hotel staff and although they appeared rude to the staff in conversation the hotel had so much more time for them eg I was trying to translate to the uncomplainint hotel reception and they went straight to a Russian mid my important conversation. I spent five attempts of finding out my confirmed transfer date at reception being told each time to come back tomorrow which took us to day of leaving. The reception man told me if it says 8pm it’ll be 8pm but on the day of leaving no transfer was comfirmed. We worked our day round that and was not allowed a late check out so kicked out of room 12 pm with four kids transfer pick up of 8pm so after getting to reception at 8 pm transfer doesn’t turn up and turns out you look in the “book” and was actually 9.50 pm! So day wasted! Food was ok if you’re Russian but nice enough restaurants around cheap enough. Pool side food good but again don’t stand a chance of a portion of a Russian infront of you. Our holiday was made enjoyable with the one English family we made friends with and to which kids had a great time with. I cannot fault hotel entertainer he was fantastic translating in all languages and the Turkish night was lovely. My opinion on this hotel is don’t go unless you’re Russian or German!! Sort it out club mermaid this hotel would be good if the reception staff were more compliant and helpful!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jaiwaltham
Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

I like this hotel because of the layout and that its so calm. It is a big place so there is space enough. You can come here with your family it is fun for children because of the swimming pools and activities. I like every meal of the day because you can choose out of so many things

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family