“The Worst service ever.”
Review of Zure

Zure
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Lumbarda
Price range: US$6 - US$37
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Croatian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

I can not imagine getting a treatment worse than that. We had only starters for dinner (we weren't that hungry), so the owner decided to give us that "special" treatment. We felt like scum there... so we left the scene and I guess we will never be their guests again. Such a disappointment...

3  Thank nenad c
Ivan B, Owner at Zure, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Dear Nenad, we are very sorry for the feeling you had. But we are treating every guest the same way. I really don't know how you felt that day but I'm sure that it was not our fault. You're welcome to come every day to prove my statement.
Best regards
Ivan Batistić

Reviewed June 3, 2018

This restaurant was recommended and had good reviews. However, on our visit we found there was a very limited choice. Out of 3 soups on the menu,only fish soup was available. As it is an agrotourismo, we asked what types of fish were on the menu that particular evening and we were offered John Dory, nothing else. I was offered a 900 gram fish which I said was too much for me so my friend offered to share it with me. We were given the whole fish with the underside fillets removed, leaving little edible fish. When the bill came we had been charged for 1.3 kg, not 900 grams. The vegetables were uninteresting, a mush of courgettes and the fries came 10 minutes after the fish and vegetables. This was the worst meal we had in Lumbarda and the most expensive. I would not recommend Zure after my disappointing meal.

1  Thank Subez
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We luckily stumbled across Zure while on a long walk around Lumbarda. What a fantastic find. Dining in the courtyard I felt like I was among family, and it turned out I was. The food was freshly harvested, caught or raised by the family. Our server, who pointed out pictures of himself and his cousins as kids, expertly recommended and presented a meal paired with their housemade wines. The fish, the produce, the meat... everything was top notch and fresh. While Lumbarda is pretty out of the way for the typical traveler, we hope to make it back. And when we do, Zure will be our first stop for dinner.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

This meal was a highlight of our trip. Food is all locally produced. Zure is also a noted winery on the island.
I had the tuna, served along gratinated potato and zucchini, with a side of native white cheese and olive oil.
Friend had a pork cutlet, with a side of spaghetti with local dalmatian ham.
Both were cooked over a wood flame.
The cherry flavored grappa is a must try, very potent but tastes very mild.
As the food is all local produce and daily catch, so best to show up early in order not to miss items from the menu.
Do buy some of Zure's wines, and take away some of that amazing cherry grappa.

1  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff helped us to all their appetisers, followed by fish and meat courses. The wine is local (theirs!) And quite good (we bought some on the way out). The food was nicely prepared and cordially presented. Their patio was comfortable and cozy. The ambiance local and not overly touristy. A nice spot for larger groups.