“Lovely lunch”
Review of The Market Cross

The Market Cross
Ranked #83 of 152 Restaurants in Ormskirk
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

Been a few times now, no issues. Food really good and very reasonable. Bar staff have always been very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

After one of our friends had recommended the pub for a lunch during our mid day break, we decided to give it a try. As soon as we entered the premises (wasn't sure if it was actually open) our eyes were met with a mish mash of decorations - ranging from olympics to Halloween and even an upside down Christmas tree. I was served by a lady in her pyjamas and I ordered a burger. The pub was fairly quiet and after around 25 minutes later the barman came over to apologise about the wait and explained they were plating up our meals. A further 15 minutes later and our meals had arrived. Once our food arrived I was far too hungry to consider the fact my burger was missing its onion rings and coleslaw. I chose the brioche bun which had been toasted so much it felt stale and my chips were still hard as they hadn't been cooked for long enough. After our meal we alerted them to the fact they had forgotten the items from our meal and explained we were in a rush so didn't want to wait the presumed 45 mins for some onion rings and the barman said he'll sort it next time. Next time?! Like we would return!!!

9  Thank Ethan L
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

Met up with a couple of mates for some drinks and to watch the England game, though would just pop in for one and ended up staying all night. Cheap drinks clean places and good staff who are on the ball,will be back in again next time I'm up there

Reviewed July 5, 2016

Visited this site on a Tuesday Afternoon - coffee was great and the service from Sally was amazing! I had lunch here - menu is really different! I can recommend the Brunch!

Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

Popped into this pub recently with a friend to watch the football and hadn't been to the venue for 6 months. It has changed its identity is a little confused and appears to be trying too hard to appeal to every market possible. I can't comment on the food as I didn't order but from the overpowering smell most of it is clearly deep fried. Why not have some healthy, locally sourced options? Our drinks were ok but the pub was very quiet and lacked atmosphere which is a real shame as it used to be very busy when the football was on.

15  Thank Gentenueva187