“Called in on a Saturday lunchtime”

Bramley's Coffee House
Ranked #24 of 158 Restaurants in Ormskirk
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cosy relaxed and friendly Coffee House / restaurant with an excellent range of food and drinks including main meals, snacks, breakfasts, alcoholic drinks and afternoon teas. Attentive service with an excellent ambience.
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We had tea & scones, lovely clean place with very friendly staff & good selection of food & drink. All reasonably priced. Great location too just off the main shopping street

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We called in for tea & scones on Saturday lunchtime & thoroughly enjoyed them, very friendly staff, impeccable clean premises & very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Saturday the 18th August was my husbands birthday. We had previously booked a table for us and other family members. The food was excellent and the service was superb. The staff were very attentive nothing was to much trouble which made the occasion extra special. Well done bramleys you never fail to please.

Christine T, Owner at Bramley's Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you for your excellent review and I’m really pleased Bramleys made your husbands birthday special for you all. I will make sure the staff are told about your brilliant comments about the service and the food and we look forward to seeing you in the future in Bramleys .

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

My mum has been several times for breakfast and always said it was lovely, so I went with her for breakfast with high expectations last Saturday.

I chose the pancakes with berries and bananas and they were very disappointing. Cold, hard and very thin, with barely any fruit topping. They were also completely doused in far too much icing sugar, which created a very unpleasant paste when the maple syrup was poured over them.

My mum had scrambled egg on toast which she said has had before, but she said it wasn't as nice as it normally was and the eggs had no taste to them. My mum left basically all of her food, and scrambled eggs on toast is not a lot of food anyway.

Based on my experience I wouldn't recommend or return, but my mum has stated that it is usually really nice there.

1  Thank sarahxo25
Christine T, Owner at Bramley's Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback about the eggs and pancakes which have been fed back to the kitchen staff . After speaking to all the staff they confirmed that your dis-satisfaction wasn’t exptessed at the time of service to any of the staff members so we were unable to rectify the situation for you. Bramleys always prides itself on keeping the customer happy and if your food wasn’t to your required standard then we would have been more than happy to replace your order with freshly cooked items which we always do if it isn’t to a customers liking . I would like to thank your mum for her continued support of Bramleys and feel satisfied that she has confidence through past experience, that Bramleys generally delivers an excellent standard of food, consistently . I hope you will give Bramleys an opportunity in the future to change your opinion of our popular restaurant and coffee house.

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Went here for the first time had a coffee and a slice of the chocolate oreo cake. All I can say is it was the best cake I've ever had and I've had a lot of cake

1  Thank Vera S
Christine T, Owner at Bramley's Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

We are really glad you enjoyed your first trip to Bramleys and hope to see you in the future for another slice of cake or try our menu I’m sure you would love it .