All reviews chef gregor solar power the main house mother nature perfect summer stand up paddle boarding finnish sauna natural beauty yoga retreat vegan options tranquil setting other guests beautiful lake full moon studio cabin winter retreat power lines
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This was the perfect environment for me to escape the chaos of work and the city. The place is really beautiful and scenic. This trip also gave me time to reflect and get myself centred. The trip guides are really friendly and helpful. Will go again maybe fall this time. It's a real nature lovers paradise. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2013
toddlesbycanoe, Owner at Northern Edge Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and recommend the Edge to others visiting Algonquin Park.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I just returned from a weekend at Northern Edge at Algonquin.
The food was amazing healthy and delicious made with love you could taste!
The organizers were attentive,kind considerate and loving yet true.
This was a Shamanism training workshop/retreat.
I don't want to give too much away but it was an experience I had never had before,which opened my heart,my mind and my spirit.
The grounds where beautiful,accommodations clean and comfy.
This was the summer workshop,I hope I can complete the other three.
I feel it helped me grow and evolved my spirit like nothing else could. Chi mig wetch.

toddlesbycanoe, Owner at Northern Edge Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2015

Thank you for your visit to Northern Edge Algonquin for a shamanism retreat last year.
We were delighted to have seen your five star review and story published on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, it was posted to an incorrect profile, so not many folks have had a chance to read it. We hope more people can see your TripAdvisor Review.

Please take a moment to place your review on our profile at https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ManagementCenter-g319818-d1118236-c0-Northern_Edge_Algonquin-Algonquin_Park_Ontario.html

We realize this is a bit of an inconvenience. As you know reviews like yours make a big difference in how people plan their travels.

We hope to see you again soon.
All the best,

Kind regards,
Todd

co-founder, NorthernEdgeAlgonquin.ca

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We cannot understand high reviews which we used to select this place. Prices were 4 star but everything was 2 star. When we saw our mouldy, ratty 'glam camping' accommodation, we upgraded to a cabin which was equivalent to a hostel. We enjoyed meeting other guests & food was tasty but very basic. Guides just appear to be in it for the $ & it is repeated several times in the written material that a not insignificant tip is expected. One of the guests who joined on bike ride was overweight & struggled to keep up. I finally brought this to their attention. Then on canoe trip, another couple was quite far behind & wind was strong. My husband stayed behind to help. Guides were already on shore & had not noticed. Yes, Algonquin lakes were pristine but scenery & landscaping around property were quite unkempt & uninteresting. We were looking forward to wolf den outing which is highlighted on website. Oh, it appears wolves have not been sited in over a year, if they ever were. There is significant misrepresentation.

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stonebridge1
toddlesbycanoe, Owner at Northern Edge Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you for your review.
We offer a variety of accommodation options at our solar powered retreat including canvas cabins which let the sounds and light of the forest surround guests. They are simple, yet include feather duvets and bright, fresh linens. Some guests prefer this style cabin to our habitat cabins or studio cabins, and we offer alternative accommodation if space is available, as you indicate we did for your visit..

It can be challenging for guides to offer experiences at a variety of ability levels and they do a really terrific job of ensuring everyone is safe and above all - cared for. Wildlife safaris at Algonquin Park do not guarantee seeing wildlife, but guests learn about wolves, moose and other wildlife, and if we don't encounter a specific animal, we often seeing signs of their passing including tracks and scat. Wolf howls occasionally elicit responses from wolf packs in the area, but it is indeed rare to see them. We would never think of going into a wolf's den, but we sometimes cross paths as one of our guides did last September on a canoe trip.

Please drop me a note if you wish to discuss further. todd.lucier@gmail.com.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have had the privilege over the years to take part in many Edge programs from camping in beautiful Algonquin park to Yoga Retreats . I definitely scratched off a few bucket list experiences!. No matter where the experience took place there was always a wonderful sense of adventure delivered with great detail and care!

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
toddlesbycanoe, Owner at Northern Edge Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2015

Thank you! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My experience at the edge was altogether breathtaking.

A majestic red moon rose like fire in the sky over pines that seemed to reach the stars. A dazzling reflection danced across the lake performing an ancient sacred ritual. Melodic echoes the sweet voices of distant loons carry far into the brush as each breath harmonizes with the breath of mother earth.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Poetically spoken. Nature sometimes puts on quite a show.

Thank you.