Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews chef gregor retreat algonquin winter campfire lake cabin
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2018

The weekend experience was amazing! Mother nature flexed her muscle with quite the lightning storm. Solar power trumps power lines down nearby! Gregor is SO amazing with mouthwatering dishes every meal. Stories about ingredients and recipes.
Our weekend facilitator, Courtney was a cheerful, positive, delight, and got us up on standup paddleboards! The group there was such a wonderful mix- two young women from Belgium, Francis with his telescope showing us jupiter and Saturn! S'mores at fireside, two Masters international soccer players, an artist from Australia, and her 70+Mom who is more adventurous than most of us! A wonderful session with Jill, releasing our inner artist, and enjoying Tom Thompson's story. Too many wonderful experiences. SO hoping to come again. Thank you Todd, Marsha, and Tim, for opening your home

Room tip: A Canvas sided cabin was perfect, reminiscent of camp, comfortable even in the heat, as in treed area
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank T3558QCanneb
Todd L, Owner at Northern Edge Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

It was indeed a wonderful time sharing experiences with our guests. It was wonderful to be in the dining room and on the hive deck with an inspiring group of travels appreciating our home in nature.

Thank you for writing about it.

Todd

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

Meals were outstanding. Hosts were very warm and inviting. Facilities were beautiful and made it easy to enjoy nature. Would recommend to anyone looking for quiet, nature and to unplug- there is no internet service or phones-Can't wait to come back!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Todd L, Owner at Northern Edge Algonquin, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Thank you for appreciated our unplugged nature.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

We went with some friends for an enjoyable escape from work into the outdoors and we were not let down! It was a wonderful facility and the staff were so kind and welcoming. Our cabin was rustic and it felt like a genuine lakeside experience! We will definitely be going back again in the summer! Or maybe we will try a winter retreat. Who knows :)

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Erik M

Hi Erik,
Thank you for joining us at the Edge. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

It is hard to describe in words how much I love the Edge. Felling beyond grateful for an experience filled with awe and wonder. Far more fulfilling than a week down south and has restored my childhood love of the winter! Every person, place and thing at the Edge contributed to an experience that left me replenished, whole and happier than I had been in months. Arriving depleted, frustrated and unhealthy, staff at the Edge helped me figure out how to help myself. Leaving me able to replenish myself in my regular crazy and hectic life!! Thank you Martha, Gwyneth, Eric and Gregor! And everyone else!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Joanne,
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you could appreciate slowing down and joining us for an unplugged retreat.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

I don't know what I expected but I certainly did not expect to be blown away like I was.

Gregor (The chef/The Carpenter) is amazing. Like will you marry me, get in my trunk, I'll never eat another meal again kind of amazing. The food he makes is creative and what real farm to table was meant to be. He describes every dish with the care of someone who knows when and where each item was picked. Waiting for that dinner bell was a pavlov's dog experience each time.

Todd was a wonderful host. His pop up appearances were always anecdotal and amusing. He clearly cares that you enjoy yourself but is hyper aware not to be intrusive in your experience. Each one of the people whom popped in an out of our days taking un on canoe trips or hikes were all amazing.

The "experiences" evening events were such a welcome distraction from how full you were. The Tom Thomson art experience and the Animal Pelt discovery were just such interesting and unexpected entertainment.

The activities were just loosely organized. Striking a great balance between "we are going hiking" and "if you don't want to all good".

Had you told me before I left that I was going to a "wellness" retreat I am the kind of person whom would have run in the opposite direction but now, now I will be coming back. This was amazing.

Also for reference it was a large mix of ages. My friend and I were some of the youngest (Age 32) and it was the people who were there that added to the atmosphere.

Room tip: The small bunk cabins are loud when it rains. If this will bother you upgrade but I loved them!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Cheyenne B

Hi Cheyenne,
It can be hard to describe what an experience at the Edge is like. Indeed things at our nature retreat are quite different from most accommodations and we strive to provide a high level of care that helps guests connect and be inspired.
It sounds like your visit was just what you were looking for.

We hope to welcome you back soon.