See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 23, 2015

Our family rented a studio in this former hotel (now converted into owner-occupied or rented studios) for 2 weeks over the holidays. The studio we rented was in Anguilla building, very lose to the lobby but a bit of a steep walk fro beach and pool area. We did not mind the walk as the grounds are very pretty and safe. We walked the length of Orient Beach from Mt. Vernon to the end and back most mornings, enjoying every second of it!
This complex is a bit isolated, a rental car or a taxi is necessary. The upside is - that it is very quiet and sleep quality is great. All you hear is the ocean. However there is a great French supermarket within 10 in drive and Grand Case with its superb restaurants and amazing LoLos just 15 minutes away. Orient Beach village is also a 10-in drive but it is not impressive. Pinel Island ferry is only 5 min. away. There is no need to pay for the parking (they offer it for 10$ per day) since there is always parking available somewhere in one of the 2 lots. The security guards are everpresent at all times, including in parking areas, so safety is not an issue at all.
The unit we rented was fully equipped to the last detail - including excellent folding beach chairs and umbrella (huge saving, as the chairs are rented for $10-15 each, and you can place them anywhere you want since beaches are public) and quality snorkeling equipment for 4. Fridge, stove, washer, all dishes, internet, TV, patio with furniture, even a cell phone if you need it (you an buy time at the supermarket).
The pool area is awesome It is adjacent to the beach and the pool is large and clean with plenty of loungers and shaded areas. The beach itself is not the best in St. Martin but good for a swim in the morning or late afternoon. We loved Mullet Bay beach on Dutch side the best and spent many days there. Pinel Beach was our second favorite.
We had breakfast and snacks at the studio but lunch and dinner elsewhere. The island is a foodie paradise!
Overall a great experience. However we will stay on the Dutch side next time as there are more to-do options and nightlife without having to drive far, but that is for us. For a quiet getaway Mt Vernon is amazing!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mosaic
Reviewed November 8, 2014

I found this rental property here on trip advisor & was initially reluctant to rent vs stay in a hotel like my other 2 trips to St Maarten but after we arrived & saw this place I knew my husband & I made the right decision. The rental property is located in the old Mount Vernon hotel on Orient Beach where we desired to be. We stayed in the Saba rental after listening to another review & loved it. It was close to parking & the pool/beach. The pool is very nice and large...the biggest in the area. Perfect for kids. We rented a car but walked many days down the beach from our rental & stayed on the other side of Orient Beach. There are amazing restaurants directly on the beach & we drove to the Orient Beach at night for the restaurants in land. The Orient side is the best place to stay for the proximity of restaurants & of course the beautiful beach. The rental had everything we needed to cook & relax after being at the beach all day. The kitchen is fully equipped. There are close by grocery stores & we ate breakfast daily in our rental & a couple of dinners as well. The king bed was very comfortable & the A/C was great after a hot day. I cant say enough about the rental & we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Desiree K
Reviewed October 28, 2014 via mobile

It is a Hotel converted to european style apartments, condition depends on how and when owner renovated. Its about 10 min walk to the center of the beach where all the bars are - lots of food and drink choices. Beach is very nice. You need a car to get grossers and to move around the island.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank KrzysMB
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was our first time renting a place at Orient Beach and I have to say , I was very happy with the outcome. I checked out probably 20 places on the web site "Home Away" and the place I decided on was great. I'll start with the pros--I loved the location of this resort. It was at the end of the beach and removed from the busier middle area. I checked out many rental units and ours had just been remodeled and was new and comfy. From a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, a lap top computer and even a Baby bliss hair flatiron- it had
everything we could have possibly needed. The pool was beautiful!!! Sometimes the surf can be a little rough but this pool was nice!! The property was well maintained. There's a great little pizza place at the very top of the hill. On nights that you want to stay in-- for $13 the pizza is pretty good.
Now the cons--- this resort is on a hill. The parking lots are at each end and one gets a little muddy after it rains. It's quite a hike when you're dragging a suitcase. If you have any walking disabilities this place is not for you. I have to say, all the stairs and hills got easier after just the first couple of days. Personally for me the exercise was great!!! You need to rent a car if you stay at this place because it 's a little removed from restaurants and shopping.
This was my 7th annual December vacation in St Martin and we will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
10  Thank ADVabeach
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a former hotel that went out of business and has been converted to condo's for rent by various owners plus some residents. We stayed at Orient Beach Studios; owned by two French brothers that also run a high-end restaurant in Grand Case. Being on the French side, power conversion was an issue. They provide one converter but it is good we brought one of our own. The room was very nice for the price and Amaury was very helpful and available. He even added ESPN to the satellite tv channel lineup on my request for some late night football watching. Steps might be an issue for some. I also recommend stopping at the local supermarket to load up on supplies unless you plan on eating out the entire time. We had one cheeseburger, beer, and a coke and the bill was $50 US at Waikiki Beach Bar on Orient Beach. Get yourself to LoLo's in Grand Case for some great local BBQ - at least once. Take the ferry from Marigot to Anquilla and spend one day at Shoal Bay. You will NOT be dissapointed.

Room Tip: $40 one way taxi fare to Phillipsburg; $20 to Marigot; $10 to the Pinel Island Ferry; plan accordingly if you want to see anything other than Orient Beach; Rent a car for a day or two; very friendly locals will deliver to the hotel and pick up ... HIGHLY recommend Pinel. Very calm waters with two restaurants on the Isle; we brought food/drink in a backpack; It's a $7 RT ferry boat ride or rent a kayak to get there if adventurous
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple