“Peaceful, well maintained villa with private pool...”
other travellers have booked this property
The cottage
Pool with a view The green of the olive trees and the bright green of the grass..
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Pool with a view
The green of the olive trees and the bright green of the grass..
Collect flowers from the fields around and decorate your coffee table.
Where the blue of the sky meets the blue of the pool!
Breakfast under the huge olive tree..
Relax by the pool
The west bedroom has one double bed (150 X 210 cm) and view to the olive grove!
The west bedroom!
The blue, romantic bedroom!
The kitchen is fully equipped even with a dish washer.
North-east view from the veranda
North -west view from the terrace of the cottage. Rethymno and the castle, Fortezza, is visible!
The Cretan blues
The bathroom
The flowers
It's Christmas time...
Decorating the olive trees
The pool through a pink cloud...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
tippytoes...
London, United Kingdom
“Peaceful, well maintained villa with private pool and gardens”
Reviewed July 16, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Lily's cottage is located in a former olive grove and is surrounded by fields with no other house visible. The garden and pool are totally private for those wishing not to be overlooked or disturbed. From the garden and terrace you can look across the landscape to the sea and hotels. The villa is immaculately clean with a mid week and weekend clean and fresh bedding and towels provided. Lily even cooks some wonderful local dishes and brings on cleaning days. There are numerous comfortable seating areas in the garden but being by the pool is best. As the villa has a dish washer all cutlery and crockery is very clean with the kitchen well equipped for those wishing to cook. There are local supermarkets and numerous good restaurants either in the hills behind the villa or at the end of the road. We'd recommend a car to make the most of your stay. The pool is accessed by a hand rail and metal steps and faces the sun all day. This is cleaned every few days. The villa is comfortable with air con and washing machine. Enjoy your stay!

16 Jul 2017
My dear Douglas, thank you so much for this 5* review and for your nice words for the cottage and me. It was my pleasure having you as my guests and if you felt welcomed and well looked after then my goal was fulfilled.
LHBlu
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Perfect retreat and host”
Reviewed May 21, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

The location is great, property has everything you needand the garden is fantastic for relaxing days. We have rented numerous properties this is one of the best .The owner Lily really is wonderful nothing is to much trouble and her cooking is second to none.We know as she left us some home cooked treats and a Mousaka that was devine.
Cant recommend this property enough,

Your age range 50-64
23 May 2017
My dear Lance and Tracey, thank you both for this wonderful review!!!
Being a hostess was a challenge for me as I wanted to try myself in a completely different field. So I treat my guests in the way I would like to be treated when I'm on holidays!
You are wonderful persons and I'm very glad I met you. Thank you for you respected my home. Hope I ll see you in the future!
carrieyou...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A fantastic holiday cottage!”
Reviewed May 14, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Lily’s cottage is a lovely place on a hill on the outskirts of Rethymnon and a relatively short walk away from local shops and tavernas. The centre of Rethymnon is about a 10 – 15 minute drive. It’s an ideal place for some peace and quiet and to recharge one’s batteries.
It’s very obvious from first arrival that the cottage has been crafted with great love, care and attention to detail. It’s very well equipped and provided all the things we look for in a holiday rental (e.g. homely but not cluttered; clean (very clean!); comfortable beds; comfy sofa; good shower; all the dishes, glasses and kit you need for holiday cooking (plus dishwasher); air conditioning; and private outside space). And it’s the garden where the house really scores. The photos only really tell part of the story. The garden is a lovely, colourful, tranquil spot with no overlooking houses. The number of garden chairs in the photos might suggest that it’s a shared space, but no, it’s all for you! Choose a sunny or a shady spot without the inconvenience of moving a chair. Plus there’s a really nice pool (which is 140cm deep).
We’ve visited Crete a few times and this was easily the best accommodation (quality and value) we’ve stayed in.
The owner, Lily was very helpful and friendly without being intrusive and really went out of her way to make us feel welcome, even bringing delicious home made Cretan cuisine to the cottage. Her son George did a great job of discreetly turning up and leaving the pool sparkling clean. Thank you Lily and George for a great holiday. We’ll be back!

16 May 2017
My dear Carrie, what an amazing review! Thank you so much! With your own words you gave the strong advantages of the cottage which is really made of much love and care from me and my son. What we demand from a hommy vacation rental is what we tried to give to our guests. Cleanliness, comfort, tranquility and isolation while its location is very close to the town for those who wish to combine relaxation with fun!
What we strongly believe is that our guests are very special people. They deserve the best included the famous Greek hospitality. So we treat our guests with respect to their needs for isolation and seclusion!
Carrie, you a S David are very special persons. You respected the cottage and you left it as clean as you found it.
Thank you for that and for this wonderful review.
My warmest wishes for a healthy life full of love and happiness!
Wish to see you soon!
236katy89
Norwich, United Kingdom
“A lovely comfortable cottage”
Reviewed May 4, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Lily's cottage was lovely, the property felt like home, the beds were comfortable and the decor inside the property was to a very high standard and everything you needed. The garden was lovely lots of flowers and plenty of shady places to sit . Good views to the sea, a very peaceful rural spot but not far from the shops.The pool looked good but as it was April it was too cold for us.

6 May 2017
My dear Irene and David, thank you so much for your nice words about my home..the idea is to make my guests feel like they live in their own home. You were great guests
too with respect to the cottage..
thank you so much again and hope to see you in the future!!
BruceB221...
“The jewel of Crete”
Reviewed November 10, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Yes, we heard the dogs and a horse along with a rooster. But we didn't hear hustle and bustle. Quiet and relaxing, the villa allowed us to recharge in a beautiful serene setting.

Not only is this a beautiful spot nestled in the hills overlooking the coast. It was close to everything and central for touring the island. The villa is immaculate and well kept with every amenity you could think of for a relaxing stay.

Lily is a gracious and wonderful hostess, who assisted with any enquiries and is a true treasure.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lily made us feel so welcome.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
10 Nov 2016
Dear Bruce and Nantine,
Thank you so much for your 5* review! I do my best so that my guests find what they are looking for while on vacations.. I strongly believe that above the nice property and surroundings , is hospitality which is my priority!
Looking forward to seeing both of you in the future!
Wish you health and happiness
Dagan_Gil...
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
“Lily's cottage - Amazing Vila & Private pool and garden at Rethymno, Crete”
Reviewed August 12, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Lily is a great host, that went above and beyond to make our vacation unforgettable. All her recommendations were exellent and the house itself was simply perfect.
The pool, and garden are spectacle. Kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, and living room, are all new and very well equipped.

We have visited many countries and places and Lily's vila is amazing.
Thank you Lily for your open heart and wonderful place!
Great vacation, we will be back for sure,

Dagan & Limor

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Vila and private pool and garden, the privacy and relaxation
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
13 Aug 2016
Dear Limor and Dagan thank you for your exceptional review! I'm trying hard to keep the villa at a high level , protecting my guests for unprofessional people! That's why my recommendations are objective and real! I strongly believe that what people need while on vacation, apart from a clean, nice decorated place to stay, is a hommy feeling and a person who can trust.. This is exactly what I m trying to give to my guests! I want them to feel like they are at home!!!
Tellos P
“Very good indeed!”
Reviewed June 21, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We stayed at the cottage for 4 nights at the end of May. The house is brand new and well constructed. The furniture is tasteful and looks expensive. The garden is really nice with many different sitting areas and the pool is all one needs to relax and enjoy a swim. We found really important the fact that although the cottage is a very short drive to the beach, it is extremely quiet since the small road that leads to it continues to a dead end.

We loved the view, we could see all the north coast of Rethymnon area.

The owner was very hospitable and kept asking us if there is anything we needed. We had a great time, we were pleasantly surprised by the whole set up, quality and hospitality. We will definitely go there again!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
22 Jun 2016
Dear Mr Panos,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We will do our best to keep it up the benefits of the cottage and the quality of services.
We hope to visit us again as soon as possible!
Lily and George
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing