“New menu items to try.”
Review of Lola's

Lola's
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Long loved by locals, the secret is out on Lola's fantastic staff serving top-notch organic fare in a beautiful open-air beachfront setting. Gorgeous homemade wooden tables and chairs are set at water's edge under the shade of palm trees and umbrellas. Fresh seared tuna, big healthy salads, Dutch fries, pizzas and all new tacos are the favorites, alongside fruit smoothies, delicious sandwiches and fish & chips! Banana bread, coffee & smoothies starting at 8 a.M. Full menu from 11 a.M. To 5 p.M. Bar open to sunset. Closed Mondays. Cash, Visa & MasterCard.
Reviewed December 20, 2017

Went wiith a couple of friends so we shared a fantastic mix of flavors. Tried the new Avellana Salad with beets, goat cheese and macadamia nuts and it was amazing. A new chicken sandwich was also added with pesto sauce and goat cheese that was perfectly cooked and the bread was so good! Our regular favorites of nachos with chicken and ceviche were delicious. Great service and a pitcher of water with ice is nice to have on a hot day. There was a few minutes of drama when a small child was being swept out to sea on his boogie board and an employee had to save him. Everyone was watching and applauded when the hero returned to work. But the adults in charge of the children didn’t mention that there was another child caught in the current and the hero had to save another child. This happens often enough that Lola’s has trained employees and provides life saving equipment. When not saving people’s lives the employees are some of the best in Costa Rica. Setting is gorgeous and Lola’s is a real treat!

1  Thank Judy B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,887)

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

Wonderful spot with friendly service and good food. Lola was hilarious and I wish I could have seen her swim!

Reviewed December 18, 2017

My sweet love of my life doggie, La Tremenda eSnarly Beyoncé, was hanging around the restaurant on the beach like many of the strays on that fateful day July 15, 2011, and I saw her and she took my breath away. Esta Perra tiene un dueno? I asked one of the waiters. And the owner, a Canadian, I believe her name is Sharon but not sure, appeared behind me and said no, she doesn't, she was tied up in a field left to die by the expat owner who just left her so I untied her but I can't really take her on, I mean I have two dogs of my own, two kids, Yeah, I said not to mention the restaurant and of course Lola the 300 pound pig which they take care of and let her roll around in the mud and she eats the scraps from the restaurant so there's no waste and she roams free when she wants to roll around in the waves and clean the mud off and then lie in the sun on the sand. They know piggies are sacred and they let her be a piggy in Heaven not a smart lovable kind creature that we put in cages and then to slaughter. enough said, she helped me rescue Snarly who is at home on her sofa slumbering right now in her little piggies in Heaven life. Thanks Lola's restaurant. not to mention your food rocks and you employ countless local people and your setting by the sea under the palms with the great surf out front. yeah, Heaven. Not open on Mondays, that's the only draw back. But everyone needs a day of rest. Go. Here. Now.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

Lola’s isn’t the easiest restaurant to find, it’s definitely off the beat and path but you will not be disappointed! I have never been some place so close to heaven! Beautiful view, wonderful food and drink! When you come plan on spending some time maybe even get a massage on the beach.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

This might be a big deal if you’re partying by the ocean… It is a big deal because it is the only place to eat or get a drink at this ocean spot… Like a number of places in Costa Rica they gouge you when they can and this place is no exception. Drinks were expensive and food prices were so-so. The day we were there they closed the kitchen early so we could not even order.

On the other hand, great place to eat during an afternoon by the ocean for fun. Great place to watch the surfers. The drinks we did have were good just not large but they did have good ingredients.

Like you can see in the pics from other reviewer’s, there is a big pig in a pen but not sure what the hype is about...it’s a pig… In a pen...

People were friendly. This is at the end of a rustic road that is difficult to travel without going very very slowly or having a higher suspension truck. Otherwise you need to walk in from neighboring properties which again are also hard to get to unless you are a private guest...

Note...there is a parking lot for Playa Avellanas/Lola’s spot but it is very small and like many Central American parking lots, it is watched over by a local for “tips”. In our case, he was rather aggressive about it, but then thankful after we gave him something. It was just awkward. Nothing is posted about this that we saw. There are outdoor surfer showers in the middle of parking lot...

Would we go back? Yes if we were close by. Would we go back if we were far away and make a point of it? No.

This time of year is just the beginning of high season, it was very quiet overall. From what we understand, and what we could see, this place is for all ages… There were tourists and locals alike. There were young surfers and families.