I holidayed for two weeks at the Hotel Golden Paradise for $1536.00 Canadian including health and cancellation insurance and single room supplement.
The hotel was excellent. Unlike some of the others in this area, the Golden Paradise this is located directly on the beach. There are three bars, pool bar, dining room bar and a beach bar offering a fine selection of cocktails free and gratis from 11am to 11pm. There was a late night club named Woody’s about 500yds from the hotel for those who needed more booze. ($1.00 each) I liked the early closing as the hotel was quiet after midnight so you could listen to the crickets and the surf and not the clinking of glasses. The hotel has two small pools but who needs them as the ocean is on the doorstep.
As this hotel only has 90 rooms the place is never overcrowded - with plenty of lounge chairs and bar stools both on the beach and by the pools. This hotel does not cater for young children nor are there any animators trying to get you to sing karaoke or play silly games.
The restaurant offers a fine selection (buffet style) at all three meals per day. There was a wonderful chef on hand at breakfast to fry up your eggs any style but the speciality was their own omelette with tomato, onion, cheese and ham which was delicious. Fresh fruit and that wonderful Venezuelan coffee made the morning complete.
Lunch and dinner - excellent again, with a selection of beef, chicken, fish, pasta, potatoes ( mashed and fried) rice, salads ( try the tomatoes as they are tastier than anything we get in Canada. Must be the sun!) Big beefy hamburgers were also prepared on the grill at lunch for the North American tourists.
I had a beautiful room with a king size bed and very attentive maid service. The place was spotless. My friends also had good rooms although not all are the same. Although each room is the same size in area some are divided into small living rooms and/or kitchens. I had the best of the trio.
The company at the hotel was excellent. I made many new friends from Holland, Germany, France and Ontario who still keep in touch by e-mail.
To sum up, this is an adult hotel. Quiet, non-intrusive, well run and designed for a stress free relaxing holiday.
This hotel is Excellent Value For the Money. Remember the cost $1536.00CDN and most of that was insurance and taxes. I’ll be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is located just in front of the beach, too quiet and familiar. It is perfect to spend a quality time with your family and friends. Unlimited drink in both bars. Free service at the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Hotel Golden Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Paradise Hotel Playa El Agua
- Golden Paradise Playa El Agua
- Hotel Golden Paradise Margarita Island, Venezuela - Playa El Agua