Botoum Hotel
Ly Monaco Hotel(Sisophon)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms are cleanthe ownerbanteay chhmarin townmany timesgreat coffeeprivate taxigreat value for moneystore our bikesthe busacfridgewificambodiamattressdanastation
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I lived in Bantaey Meanchey for a year, and when we would come into Sisophon, this is where we would go. It's not as nice as the Pyramid Hotel, but it's cheaper and still pretty nice. It has a little cafe attached to it where you can get some western type food that's pretty darn good. The staff there are so nice and helpful. This is definitely most expat's choice of hotel in the city. But please remember, this is a third world country, this isn't America, so you can't expect everything to be up to Western standards.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank samjanetrip
BotoumHotel, Owner at Botoum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,

Many thank for your review and comments. So sorry for any inconvenience, I'll try my best to improve my service.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

It is OK hotel as general but have to warn other travellers because money was stolen from the room, meanwhile we were walking in the city.
Came from Siem Reap and in the hotel there counted our money and split it into 100-200 and placed to different wallets and bags.
Had overnight at Botoum Hotel and in the next morning went to Thailand border. After crossing the border went to change money. And from every location 10-30 USD were missing. The only place the money could have got missing was the room of the hotel, we had our bags there. It all seemed very safe and there was no other guests or walk through people. And only 2 boys at the reception.
Wrote several letters to hotel but never got any answer. Please be informed and very careful and if possible don´t stay at the place where you could very "cleverly" robbed. We were lucky that all of the money was not taken, because we discovered it just after crossing the Cambodia-Thailand Border.
Next door you will find 2 other places to stay

Room Tip: Just be aware of the theft possibility, although it seems very decent
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

If you are in Sisphon, in northwest Cambodia (about 30 miles E of the Thai/Cambodia border; try the Botoum Hotel. It is located just SE of the roundabout where the main highways (National Highway 5 and Highway 6) diverge. The owner and the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, and the price is more than reasonable. The owner is in the process of enlarging the hotel, which promises even greater service and friendliness. The room was clean, quiet, and safe. I left my bike unlocked, confident it was secure. I give it a top rating.
More information and photos are shown in Google Earth. Phone number is 855 12 687 858.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary S

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for 5 weeks last year and one week this year and found it to be very reasonably priced with lovely, friendly staff. Ok, the rooms could do with decorating but a fridge, free wi fi,TV, en suite and aircon for $15 a night is a good deal. This year there was a lot of building going on which didn't disturb us but which meant that their little cafe was closed but there is a local restaurant next door which serves meals all day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kevinlia

Reviewed March 11, 2013

What a great find! Stayed here on a bicycle trip from Siem Reap to Sisophon, then again from Battambang back to Sisophon on way to Thailand. Very good WiFi in room, AC is cold (and quiet) in rooms, and cable TV (HBO, et al). All for $15 a night. Loved staying at the Botoum and highly recommend. The owner and staff are excellent; very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Excellent WiFi in rooms 205 and 206.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo