All reviewsroom was cleanthe ownerbanteay chhmarin townmany timesprivate taxigreat value for moneystore our bikesthe busacwificambodiamattressdanastationinformation
Reviewed August 8, 2015

Only spend a short night in the hotel to visit Banteay Chhmai temple. Double bed room with ensuite bathroom is clean and even though it is close to the main road there is no issue with the noise.

We wanted to visit the temple by scooter but this was more difficult to arrange than expected. Eventually the owner asked someone from his staff to rent out the motorbike ($15). Steep price but absolutely worth it (great ride to temple through rice fields and short part of the road is still under construction). Owner also arranged our bus tickets & dropped us at the bus station!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
BotoumHotel, Owner at Botoum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,

Many thank for your review and comments. So sorry for any inconvenience, I'll try my best to improve my service.

Reviewed February 17, 2015

We checked out both the Botoum and Pyramid while in town. Same prices, and Botoum now has a newer wing, so go for that if you stay here. Pyramid had a smelly floor from a former flood and rotting carpets they never bothered to replace. (It was a gut wrenching stench, so remember that if you stay there!) So we came here. This is probably better location geographic wise -- walking distance to the local market and late night eateries. No food here, and the morning shower cold to tepid, not even warm. Hard beds, but clean room, which is important. Fuzzy TV, but hey, what do you expect for $15???

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed December 16, 2014

You are going to Sisophon in northwest Cambodia and are looking for a decent hotel? Book a room at Botoum Hotel. It is a relative cheap hotel ( we paid $18 per room per night without breakfast) and friendly staff. The rooms and bathrooms and basic but clean. There is a TV with an amazing number of channels and the beds sleeps well. So what do you want more? Maybe go to the Banteay Chhmar Ankorian temples, only a two hours drive. It is an amazing and still unexplored complex of 12th century old temple ruins full with beautiful bas-reliefs and Buddha statues.

Chris Smith

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the building where the reception is.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed December 9, 2014 via mobile

Air conditioned rooms that are clean with wifi connection. Very comfortable. The staff were friendly as well to allow us to use the dining room for administrative purposes. Towels, soap and shampoo are also provided. Very worth the money in my opinion.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MichelleLeongMT

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I lived in Bantaey Meanchey for a year, and when we would come into Sisophon, this is where we would go. It's not as nice as the Pyramid Hotel, but it's cheaper and still pretty nice. It has a little cafe attached to it where you can get some western type food that's pretty darn good. The staff there are so nice and helpful. This is definitely most expat's choice of hotel in the city. But please remember, this is a third world country, this isn't America, so you can't expect everything to be up to Western standards.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends