Ly Monaco Hotel(Sisophon)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsroom was cleanthe ownerbanteay chhmarin townmany timesgreat coffeeprivate taxigreat value for moneystore our bikesthe busacfridgewificambodiamattressdanastation
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

Just a one night stay but I enjoyed it.
Most importantly the mattress was great ! I have been experimenting in Sisaphon for places to stay as I stay often and often the bed let's me down. Not the case here - nice !

Room was clean and well presented / wifi ok / not super fast - had some ants in the room but let's be fair it is wet season they are everywhere .

Staff were great - I love the casual and friendly vibe you get as you arrive.

Had hot water in the sink but not the shower - weird - but maybe I did not wait long enough ...

Thai TV channels were clear - also the Khmer - English channels a bit scratchy but that is common to everywhere I have stayed in Sisaphon. Don't hold this against them.

Yep - gets a thumbs up from me .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
BotoumHotel, Owner at Botoum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Valuable Guest,

Many thank for your review and comments. So sorry for any inconvenience, I'll try my best to improve my service.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Good central hotel with good aircon, Ok bathroom/wet room, good free wifi, friendly owner also gave free dropoff to shared taxi station rank, but he also offerred duff info regarding transport options to Banteay Chhmar.
Owner says he can offer his car/ private taxi to Banteay Chhmar for $40 a day! and says moto transport in Sisophon doesn't exist!!! all complete rubbish so beware of "information" supplied. I got a moto with driver for $8 to Banteay Chhmar (my favourite ruins and setting in all of Cambodia, along with Preah Khan Kampong Svay going towards Kampong Thom) and surrounding temples for the day from near the hotel...

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

Good value for money. AC, Fridge, Kettle on request, complementary water, TV, Telephone, WiFi works well. Bathroom facilities are basic, open shower, plenty of warm water and good towels, complementary toiletries. Average sized room, comfortable bed, medium firm mattress , clean linen, duvet and pillow covers, private balcony. There is a small desk as well as a seating area, should you choose to eat in the room. The hotel is well maintained, clean. Quite location, good nights sleep. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. There is a breakfast area next to the reception, well priced, great coffee, pancakes or waffles with fruit $2US. I would gladly stay here again. PS: there is a safe place for your bicycle.

Stayed: March 2017

Reviewed December 18, 2016

This is our third visit to this hotel and we highly recommend it. We are always greeted with a warm welcome and a cold bottle of water, which is wonderful after a cycling to get here. The rooms are clean and well appointed with fan or A/C, fridge, Hot water, comfy beds and a balcony to sit and enjoy a cool drink. The hotel is set back from the road which helps decrease noise from Hwy #6. They also have a restaurant serving breakfast and lunch. We would come again if passing this way.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed November 22, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a gem. We stayed for one night and got a really lovely welcome from the staff. Rooms are clean and basic but have everything you need. Good and easy to find location. Very nice breakfast. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple