“Linnanes Bar, worth a visit.”

Linnane's Lobster Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in New Quay
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2017

We called into the pub while touring around one very wet day. What a delight it was. The food was excellent. My partner had salmon with pasta which was so nice that what she did not finish I had to. I had baked salmon with potato and a lovely selection of vegetables, equally delicious. I have to say that I am a Guinness drinker and the pint I had with my meal was one of the best pints I have had in a long time.
Friendly staff and the owner was also very friendly and nice to talk to. A place I would recommend highly and when passing again we will call in, if only for the great Guinness.
Dom.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

We were there on a Tuesday night, and there was no trouble getting a table despite the restaurant having been well reviewed in the weekend magazine of The Irish Times just the Saturday before. At sunset, the evocative setting on its pat malone is mouth-watering. The food (Oysters, crab claws, slab of cod, seafood chowder) was richly rewarding, well complemented by a fiano wine from Puglia and easy-going n efficient service. This place is so fair dinkum, it hurts. A treasure.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

A group of six had a meal there last week. The food was simply amazing from the Seafood chowder, mussells, to the Seafood platter. The service was excellent and the views from the restaurant looking out onto the bay awesome.The prices are reasonable and the portions more than adequate. GO THERE!

Reviewed October 12, 2017

We met a local in Cork who recommended this place, and had it mentioned time and time again from other locals who clearly adore this place.

I was surprised to find it a standalone in what appears to be the middle of nowhere. You have to have a car to find this place! The restaurant was heaving with people, the tables are crammed in and it's a bit of a juggle of plates, chairs and tables if anyone wants to come or go. Our small table was TINY and wasn't big enough for our two plates, glasses and the jug of water just sat on the floor next to my leg all night.

We had reserved a table and I recommend you do the same, there appeared to be a steady wait for tables, and I don't think there is much else nearby.

Spurred on by local advice I opted for the lobster. It was good, but I have to say I've had better. The garlic butter was good but again just a few things missing.

Husband opted for the oysters which were poorly shucked with numerous bits of shell found in the oysters. Proper shuckers don't leave shell behind, so whoever is doing it needs to be moved on.

I think it's a bit pricey for the area and perhaps is running on it's name. I really want to support small businesses but given the reputation of this place perhaps we got it on an off-night? I'd give it another go, but only one.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Brilliant meal, good staff and lovely location. Top marks on all the seafood dishes.

Highly recommend