This was a great disappointment
There were rotting windows, broken glass in the patio doors which has chair cushions leaning against it, I assume to try and hide it
Kitchen was filthy, hob broken, oven thick with grease, dishwasher totally disgusting, cracked and chipped plates and cups, which were not clean, greasy counter tops
Bathrooms all moldy and covered in soap scum, look like they have never been cleaned
Lights full of bugs
View would have been great if you could see through the dirty windows
Lots of bumping and banging throughout the house when it was windy
Ashes all over the fireplace and plastic buckets, no firewood
Outside patio covered in mould
This place needs to be totally gutted
This place is a waste of money, can't find one good thing to say
i booked via Hogans for myself and 7 others , got there owner welcomed us showed us around , "mind that craked glass in the window i am waiting for a guy to repair it" so he was about three months before that according to some blog.
the views were great the design of property great size of rooms great and that is were it stops , the kitchen was filthy the cooker was unusable unless you like the smell of recently baked fat and grease (we scraped and cleaned what we could phpotographed it sent to hogans) still had to use tin foil on the sheving to stop the grease from reigniting.
the kitchen table seats 6 great for a 10 person building the plates were filthy , the dishwasher we cleaned the filter before we could us it , the tumble dryer had to be de- fluffed , the tray in the washing machine looked like a dissaster in a soap factory.
the bathromom shower screen we covered in limescale , soome were that small when my wife left the shower i had to go into the bed room to let her out one doulbe beroom shower you were supplier with a sweep brush to sweep the water towards the drain because some muppet had laid the floor with the slopre goiung the wrong way
Knobs falling of doors , Jaccuzi bath that didnt Jaccuzi skylight wimdows that flew open at nihght if the wind was high
ourtside space was on built up groud unsafe for kids , the barby was rusted out but held toehether with years of chicken fat and grease
no clothes line outside but one in the outhouse??
rotted window frames which is a accident waiting to happen someone leans on them and they will in time just fall out.
seating in lounge meant there would always be at least one that would have to sit on the floor.
matteress and pillows when stripped back was minging stains etc blood on one dont ask!!!!
but apart from that Ireland was lovely
This is the list of faults we sent to the owner and SYKES COTTAGES, book at your peril!
The bathrooms are filthy, glass screens covered in lime deposits, shower heads seized so no movement, bathroom radiators not clean.
Master bedroom window rotten, leaking and no opening windows.
Door handle missing in kitchen.
All cutlery and plates greasy, we had to wash everything before we could eat.
The oven was beyond cleaning by us, as was the toaster.
The hob is chipped.
There are cobwebs everywhere.
Not enough cooking or serving dishes, only four of us stayed, it's a house for ten!
The slabs in the garden are uneven, DANGEROUS, if children stayed I would hate to think what could happen.
PLEASE LOOK ELSEWHERE, I HAVE PHOTOGRAPHS OF ALL THESE FAULTS.