New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wallasey
Chester
“"A Hidden Gem"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

A 60th Birthday Celebration took me to this gem of a small hotel. As it was a five minute walk from Wallasey Grove Road rail station I decided to go by train, an added advantage.

Booking myself into the hotel was "painless" and the receptionist so knowledgeable and helful. The hotel is located in a nice residential area of Wallasey I found the hotel and my room quality furnished with a very comfortable bed and widescreen telly set at the correct viewing height. Key for me is having a writing desk which was also in the room. In addition to coffee/tea making facilities there was a packet of crisps, a kitkat bar, bottled still water and a orange and apple, much appreciated welcoming features after your journey.

The Staff were friendly, well presented, efficient and helpful. I immediately relaxed in the inviting and comfortable ambiance of the hotel. Professionally run, all your wishes are catered for. For a private party the Function Room is excellent.

The centre of Liverpool is around half an hour on the train and all the attractions of the Wirral and Chester are also within easy reach.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank FraserMackay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

We decided to book the Grove House Hotel for our ceromony, wedding breakfast and evening reception, and what can we say- excellent service all round. From the moment we arrived till following morning all staff were so professiona especially Carl, Function Manager . The food for the wedding breakfast along with the evening buffet was exceptional, all guests are still commenting on it now! The whole day was excellent. All staff made sure the day ran really smoothly and relaxed, excellent service. The photographs taken in the outside grounds are stunning, well maintained gardens, perfect for any wedding pictures. We could not of asked for any more the whole day ran so smoothly thanks to all the expertise of the staff. Perfect venue for perfect day. Sue+Mark

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sue6897
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

I stay as a business guest at the Grove perhaps a few times a month and the service I receive from all the staff makes my stay feel like i'm an 'old friend'. The service is personal, friendly and always efficient. I would recommend any one to stay here... if you want first class food, good hospitality in nice surroundings, the Grove is the place to stay.

Mike Jones, Johnson Controls

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this lovely hotel with my elderly mother and my sister. We had changed our booking from another close by hotel to this one because of the trip advisor reviews and we are so glad we did. The staff from reception to bar to restaurant to the night porter were all very friendly and helpful. The decor of the hotel was very nice and had a comfy ambience about it, especially the bar and restaurant.
The food in the restaurant was fantastic and the dessert trolley was something else !!! We have to go back up next week and booked our room straight away unfortunately we will be arriving to late too enjoy a dinner in the restaurant. A lovely little gem !!! and we ARE going back

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

We booked 1 double room for 1 night on b&b basis with dinner for 3 to celebrate my sister's 70th birthday. All the staff were friendly and efficient, the food was excellent and the room was spotless and superbly appointed.
Towards the end of the evening, my sister left via taxi, as she lives fairly locally. Shortly after, it transpired she had mistakenly taken another guest's almost identical coat. The manager most kindly insisted on driving me to her home to swop the coats and all concerned were impressed (and relieved!)
This hotelmay be rated as 3-star but the service is definitely 5-star and its levels of comfort surpass many grander establishments.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sheffield, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

We held my mother's 90th birthday at the Grove House Hotel in late November, in the Function Room. Everything was perfect. We had a Sunday Roast Carvery and the food was just amazing - all 66 guests said so. Everything lovely and hot, fresh tasty meats, Turkey, Beef and Lamb, freshly cooked vegetables (not at all soggy or reheated like so many carveries are), perfect roasties, sublimb gravy and delicious sweets. Above all, the staff were attentive, smartly dressed and so helpful and friendly to all the guests. We would definately recommend this hotel for holding a function. They are professional and think of every detail - even a coat rack set up in the entrance and staff on hand to take coats from guests as they entered, then offer them Buck's Fizz. We were not rushed off at the end either, which all helped to create a family feel about the party; even though we were not at home, it felt like the nearest thing. Some of our guests stayed the night and told me the rooms were lovely and the breakfast magnificent. I know some of our guests are already thinking of booking their functions there - and I don't blame them! Thank you to all at the Grove.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Adelai
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

I couldn't have asked for better accomodation, every little detail has been thought off, there was nothing we had to ask for throughout our stay.
The staff at this b&b really do make you feel special, nothing is too much trouble, we really did recieve 5* treatment.
Breakfast was great, there is so much choice it would cater for every taste and dietary need. We also ate in the restaurant on one evening which was absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced, again staff could not do enough.
The location is not too bad either, we visited liverpool central a couple times, first time on the train which is very cheap and took about half an hour, second time we took the car and we were there in no time at all. I think it was alot nicer to stay just outside liverpool as was alot more relaxing and quiet.
I really cannot recommend this accomodation enough. We will definately return.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallasey
1.1 km away
Riverhill Hotel
#2 of 3 in Birkenhead
5.3 km away
Premier Inn Birkenhead Town Centre Hotel

Been to The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!