“Excellent for a 3 star hotel - good value, nice rooms and food”

The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wallasey
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Great breakfasts and clean well appointed romms with nice touches (free crisps, water and sweets). Staff helpfull and friendly. Very good value.

Room Tip: room 17 is pleasant with a small 4 poster bed - larger than the other rooms but faces out to the str...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank david s
There are newer reviews for The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant

Reviewed 19 December 2011

I stay in this hotel when I visit my girlfriends in Wallasey which is normally every Xmas and at least two other occasions for birthdays etc.
The rooms are very spacious, very comfortable, and great facilities.
The food is fantastic with the most delicious sweet trollley I have ever seen.
The bar is so relaxing after a lovely meal and the staff very attentive.
I would highly recommend this hotel and is only 5 mins from Grove Road station which is
ideal for me travelling by train from Crewe.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a high standard.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 27 November 2011

just returned from 2 day stay in this hotel there were 4 of us from the minute we walked into hotel till we left it was brillant the rooms were lovely with fresh fruit and bottled water the breakfast was best i have had in ahotel freshly cooked not sitting out also served to you at the table the second night we all got free desserts when we came back to hotel they were fab also we were given tea for 4 on the house as well thanks very much barbara carolan

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank babs1957
Reviewed 14 November 2011

A 60th Birthday Celebration took me to this gem of a small hotel. As it was a five minute walk from Wallasey Grove Road rail station I decided to go by train, an added advantage.

Booking myself into the hotel was "painless" and the receptionist so knowledgeable and helful. The hotel is located in a nice residential area of Wallasey I found the hotel and my room quality furnished with a very comfortable bed and widescreen telly set at the correct viewing height. Key for me is having a writing desk which was also in the room. In addition to coffee/tea making facilities there was a packet of crisps, a kitkat bar, bottled still water and a orange and apple, much appreciated welcoming features after your journey.

The Staff were friendly, well presented, efficient and helpful. I immediately relaxed in the inviting and comfortable ambiance of the hotel. Professionally run, all your wishes are catered for. For a private party the Function Room is excellent.

The centre of Liverpool is around half an hour on the train and all the attractions of the Wirral and Chester are also within easy reach.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Fraser M
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We decided to book the Grove House Hotel for our ceromony, wedding breakfast and evening reception, and what can we say- excellent service all round. From the moment we arrived till following morning all staff were so professiona especially Carl, Function Manager . The food for the wedding breakfast along with the evening buffet was exceptional, all guests are still commenting on it now! The whole day was excellent. All staff made sure the day ran really smoothly and relaxed, excellent service. The photographs taken in the outside grounds are stunning, well maintained gardens, perfect for any wedding pictures. We could not of asked for any more the whole day ran so smoothly thanks to all the expertise of the staff. Perfect venue for perfect day. Sue+Mark

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sue6897
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I stay as a business guest at the Grove perhaps a few times a month and the service I receive from all the staff makes my stay feel like i'm an 'old friend'. The service is personal, friendly and always efficient. I would recommend any one to stay here... if you want first class food, good hospitality in nice surroundings, the Grove is the place to stay.

Mike Jones, Johnson Controls

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2011

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this lovely hotel with my elderly mother and my sister. We had changed our booking from another close by hotel to this one because of the trip advisor reviews and we are so glad we did. The staff from reception to bar to restaurant to the night porter were all very friendly and helpful. The decor of the hotel was very nice and had a comfy ambience about it, especially the bar and restaurant.
The food in the restaurant was fantastic and the dessert trolley was something else !!! We have to go back up next week and booked our room straight away unfortunately we will be arriving to late too enjoy a dinner in the restaurant. A lovely little gem !!! and we ARE going back

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallasey
3.3 km away
5.8 km away
Riverhill Hotel
Riverhill Hotel
#2 of 3 in Birkenhead

Been to The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!