All reviews fire pit shepherds hut little owl the barn salt box samphire honesty bar outdoor bath an abundance hot water bottles the main reason breakfast and dinner lovely shower long walk toasting marshmallows stayed for nights farm shop
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Staying in the Ferryman's Hut just a few days back my wife and I really enjoyed our break. We were very lucky with the weather and so were able to make the most of this excellent nature reserve.
Lapwings and Redshank everywhere, Marsh Harriers performing their pair bonding flights, regular and close views of Hares and still plenty of geese and duck around.
Our hut was very comfortable and had all that you could want for a short stay.
We decided to have an evening meal delivered to our hut and it was very tasty with a vegetarian option for my wife.
We slept with our curtains wide open to appreciate the moonlit night and the amazing sunrise that we could view directly in front of us from the comfort of our bed.
All the staff at Elmley are just incredibly friendly and very helpful.
Thanks for a great stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ElmleyNNR, Owner at Elmley Nature Reserve Stays, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

It was a pleasure to have you and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay and saw so much wildlife. Thank you for such a kind review!

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend came here for my birthday, I fancied something a little different and away from our crazy lives and somewhere to relax and not think about anything but where we were. I have got to say this has to be the best place I have ever stayed and will defiantly be coming back year on year. I have finally found my happy place,and the staff are super helpful!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Its so lovely to read your wonderful review, thank you! It was a pleasure to have you and we very much look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Had a lovely couple of days staying in a shepherd's hut - it was very peaceful and relaxing really feels like a place you can get away from it all! Enjoyed the beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Will definitely return.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the lovely sunrises and sunsets! Thank you again.

Reviewed March 2, 2018

Our travelling arrangements changed and after contacting Elmley we were fortunate to get booked into the Samphire Shepard hut for an extra night on the Monday. Wow!! what an adventure! The snow came down hard on the Monday night and we stayed till Thursday Lunch. The reserve is amazing - we went for long walks to the bird hides, watched hares, birds of prey and the winter birds. We also walked to the derelict church and enjoyed the reserve covered in snow, the staff were brilliant making sure we had enough supplies and making sure we were ok. The log burner in the hut was more than enough to keep us snug and warm, together with the Romney Marsh wooden throws we didn't feel the cold inside - we can throughly recommend a stay at Elmley and can honestly say the experience was excellent. The Beast from the East was no match for Elmley.

Reviewed February 16, 2018

The Little Owl hut really is beautifully done and I can imagine in the summer months sitting outside with the firepit on toasting marshmallows you would have a wonderful time. The bed is ultra comfy and the amenities are to a high standard. The biggest disappointment for us was the bathroom which was just too small and the composting toilet just wasnt for us at all (there are flushing toilets near the farm but even these arent in the best of conditions). Sadly the weather wasnt good for us when we stayed so we didnt see the best that the reserve had to offer. For us glamping really is the same as camping just with a bit more comfort.

Date of stay: February 2018